Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,126

2 members and 3,124 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries

OMG It just took me 3 days to catch my AWOL males!

Some how my three males managed to weasle their way out of the tank I have them in! My males aren't exactly the friendliest things yet so I spent the last three day trying to catch the damn things! I caught my newest males that day, but my oldest male! YIKES! I keep them in the basement so there's A LOT of places they can get into and hide. I just spent the last hour tracking down Bentley and FINALLY catching him

What ON EARTH do you guys do when you have a problem like this?! We're moving soon (out of this rental house) and I could imagine is a call from my land lord. "Um, did you know there was a wild rat down here!"

On a good note, here's the two young males I picked up from a local breeder.

My capped male

My kinda sorta masked male, note the curly hair! He's part rex!

And for good measure!

Thor protecting my momma rat, in my homemade nursery.

The kitten checking out momma. I can let my rats run loose and none of my kitties will bother them. My eldest cat will however kill wild mice that get inside

Thanks

Re: OMG It just took me 3 days to catch my AWOL males!

Glad you caught them. The last thing, especially in a rental, is to have rats get loose on you. We don't have a much of a problem really. The few times I've had a rat get loose, they are confined to the room they are in because they can't get out of it easily. I do live in abject terror though of a bunch of ASF's loose. Roving gangs of crabby small rats with an attitude frighten me.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frankykeno View Post
    Glad you caught them. The last thing, especially in a rental, is to have rats get loose on you. We don't have a much of a problem really. The few times I've had a rat get loose, they are confined to the room they are in because they can't get out of it easily. I do live in abject terror though of a bunch of ASF's loose. Roving gangs of crabby small rats with an attitude frighten me.
    No kidding! That would frighten me too! We're actually buying our first house and I'll have my very own snake/rat room! I'm SOOO excited! It will be in the basement again, but this time it's a semi-finished basement that we plan on finishing. Maybe that will resolve my problem with excapes! If they get lose in the new place, they will be stuck in that one room, MUCH easier to catch!

Thanks

Get a Have A Heart rat trap. It will catch them without harming them. We have one and thank heavens we've only had to use it a couple of times.

Cute new guys. I love the picture of the cat on top just checking things out.
    Laurie

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marmie View Post
    Get a Have A Heart rat trap. It will catch them without harming them. We have one and thank heavens we've only had to use it a couple of times.

Cute new guys. I love the picture of the cat on top just checking things out.

I'll have to look that trap up!!! I love my new boys! They are pretty cute! That's our dog's cat!

Thanks

Recently I had 3 ASFs escape. I captured all of them. I think one was my main male who is still alive and the other two males died. One died of unknown reasons and the other died of dehydration.

My cat found one under my TV stand. My dog found the other behind a painting sitting on the floor, and the final one I found running around my room.

Ahah. Good thing you found them!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marmie View Post
    I agree completely! Anyone who has live rodents in the house should have one of these. You can get them at Home Depot or similar stores. Even if you just buy live to feed off the same day...there's always a chance one will escape uneaten. (Been there, done that!) This trap made it easy to catch them unharmed.
    -- Judy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isis View Post
    I'll have to look that trap up!!! I love my new boys! They are pretty cute! That's our dog's cat!
    I can totally see that, the cat looks big enough to be your dogs body guard. Your dog looks like he's saying "Check it out Dude and let me know if it's safe to take a peek". Both of them are adorable.
    Laurie