Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,823

0 members and 2,823 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: DIY cooler incubator

Jake while I can understand your frustration here, there are two things that come to mind. Number one would be that unless you hold a patent on this idea, anyone can independently come to the same or similar design you did and you've no control over that. Number two if you never posted a parts list or DIY on this particular incubator concept I'm not sure how you can feel this member directly took your build information.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Cooler builds are all over the net, only difference is a herpstat, a more expensive cooler, and a little more effort. I applaud the build, but its not an original idea.

Thanks

I know the cooler incubator is far from an original concept, and I'm all for people making their own. I'm also flatered by people liking my version enough to read my part list on my website and trying to replicate it. I've helped plenty of people who do exactly that, and email me when they get stuck on something, or don't understand how to hardwire the 12v and 14.4v fans and lights to the power cord, or whatever. It just got under my skin that this kid made a write up DIY trying to play it off as his own thought out creation. He admitted it, and it looks so bad that it reflects poorly on my design and products. That's it. No real drama here.

I make these because there are no dependable, affordable incubators out there. I get all the parts in bulk at a wholesale discount, than I charge $10 an hour for labor. That's it. That's 1/2 what I make at a dayjob, and I bust my ass to make these to order and ship with a 2-3 day turnaround. I'm all for people making their own, or finding someone who will charge so little. I'd sell just as many charging 2x what I do, but I thought I could make a few dollars while providing a friendly service for the part of the reptile community who can't afford $800 cooler incubators, and who don't want to settle for a crappy chicken incubator. It's no big deal to me. I just wanted to call this kid out on his great creation.
    What are these mojavas I keep hearing so much about?

J. W. Exotics

Reptile Incubators

Thanks

First off, I'm not a kid. Secondly, I did not claim to invent this ANYWHERE in my post. I don't like the fact you keep knocking my ability to construct a simple incubator. You talk as if it is an extremely difficult task, all the while insulting my intelligence.

Anyway, I'm sure you will sell just as many incubators as in the previous years, no thanks to this thread

-Jordan
    myspace.com/unknownpalace

Thanks

Seriously man.. this is a joke.. the incubator does it's job does it not? well that's the important part. not who made it first. when it comes down to it it's just a cooler with fancy parts and Jake although I don't know you I can clearly say GROW UP!... Don't worry about his work reflecting your work...YOU ARE 2 DIFFERENT PEOPLE.. Your work is yours and his is his... Not to mention you can't control anyone on the planet and your own little world is the only thing you CAN control.Too bad the world itself is a bit bigger than Jakeville USA. get used to it people make things and do things.. I'd be honored if someone thought enough of my Idea to make a similar one using quality parts or what they can afford.. Hell I built my BP enclosure based off of ones I've seen other people make or sell.. so what's the deal... I'm sure you have Great products and you will continue to improve yours as will Hoppers here...Squash it and let it DIE!! The health of the animals is what is important ..
    ~Just Call Me RJ~

1.0 Kahl Line Albino Boa: Creamsicle
    1.0 Sun Glow(Kahl): Logan
    1.0 Poss Super hypo Poss Het T+ CA Nicaraguan Boa: Brutis
    1.0 Pos Super Hypo Jungle PC Aby: Po
    1.0 Pos Super Hypo Harlequin: Joker
    0.1 Hypo Reverse Stripe: Harley Quinn
    0.1 T+ Nicaraguan Boa: Dulce

Tru-Boaz.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiZr0 View Post
    Seriously man.. this is a joke.. the incubator does it's job does it not? well that's the important part. not who made it first. when it comes down to it it's just a cooler with fancy parts and Jake although I don't know you I can clearly say GROW UP!... Don't worry about his work reflecting your work...YOU ARE 2 DIFFERENT PEOPLE.. Your work is yours and his is his... Not to mention you can't control anyone on the planet and your own little world is the only thing you CAN control.Too bad the world itself is a bit bigger than Jakeville USA. get used to it people make things and do things.. I'd be honored if someone thought enough of my Idea to make a similar one using quality parts or what they can afford.. Hell I built my BP enclosure based off of ones I've seen other people make or sell.. so what's the deal... I'm sure you have Great products and you will continue to improve yours as will Hoppers here...Squash it and let it DIE!! The health of the animals is what is important ..
    Was this really necessary?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jglass38 View Post
    Was this really necessary?
    ya know.. I don't think it was now that I read the dates of the posts.. I feel like a jack ass!! LOL JAKE forgive me man this is beating a dead horse obviously. if there are any mods here please remove my post as it makes no sense now that the issue is over lol once again not sorry for what I sad but sorry for being stupid enough not to read the dates on the posts.)
    ~Just Call Me RJ~

1.0 Kahl Line Albino Boa: Creamsicle
    1.0 Sun Glow(Kahl): Logan
    1.0 Poss Super hypo Poss Het T+ CA Nicaraguan Boa: Brutis
    1.0 Pos Super Hypo Jungle PC Aby: Po
    1.0 Pos Super Hypo Harlequin: Joker
    0.1 Hypo Reverse Stripe: Harley Quinn
    0.1 T+ Nicaraguan Boa: Dulce

Tru-Boaz.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmchoppers View Post
    Materials needed:

1) Cooler setup:

Cooler (inside measured 1'1" W x 1' H x 1'8" L) - Outdoor shop - $4.00
    3 ft. of 11" flexwatt (I used 4" in this one, but 11" keeps heat easier) - $18.00
    4 large bottles filled with water - FREE
    Egg Crate Light Pannel - Home Depot - $10.00
    Lexan Polycarbonate .093 8"x10" - Home Depot - $3.13
    GE silicon 2 Window and Door - Home Depot - $3.72
    Great Stuff insulation spray - Home Depot - $5.60

2) Light setup:

LED light (275-0017) - RadioShack - $1.99 (2 pack)
    Battery CR2032 (230-0162) - RadioShack - $4.99
    Battery holder CR2032 (270-0009) - RadioShack - $.99
    SPST .5A Momentary Switch (275-0646) - RadioShack - $2.99 (2 pack)
    hookup wire (278-1225) - RadioShack - $5.99
    Gatorade cap
    Large cap for wire/battery housing (I used cap from Great stuff)
    Electrical tape - Home Depot - $1.97
    Silver solder - Radio Shack - $5.49

Total Cost = $ 68.86
    Im new to all this so if Im wrong please forgive me.
    The work and idea is great, but the cost makes this into a joke to me.
    I don't understand.. Do professionally made incubators cost much more than what is spent for these materials? With the cost of materials alone, I'd rather spend a few more bucks to buy me a real one with out the effort of going, gathering, cutting, measuring, working, ect. and have a professional legit looking one instead.

How much would a incubator like this cost in the market?
    Does an incubator cost alot more than what is spent for these materials?

Great work btw and thanks for post.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,703 Posts

If you take out the light kit it's $47.94 , you can't find an incubator for anywheres near that price.
    Check out what's available at

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Gandhi

Thanks

But what about these?? $40 - $75. Im not knowing something here.. Help enlighten me
    Last edited by Royal Morphz; 11-09-2010 at 11:15 PM. Reason: KS url's were dead, removed them

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast