Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,073

3 members and 3,070 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

First Feeding - SUCCESSFUL!

im very happy right now, in the 2 months ive worked at petland, and fed this snake, he has never been this willing to eat before, before i even got my hand halfway down the tank, that unthawed warm mouse was goin down his throat! i must be doing something right! he is eating his second hopper as i type

it surprised me because i was told to only handle him 10 minutes a day max for the first week, well, hes been with me for 5 days now (ate 7 days ago) and was handled by me for anwhere from 1 - 5 hours a day, and he is eating like a monster!

Thanks

Re: First Feeding - SUCCESSFUL!

Awesome news i'm waiting to feed mine next week monday wish me luck or it is another 5 day long wait!!!
    How comes your such a fussy young man? Don't want no captain crunch no raisin brain.. Well don't you know that other kids are starving in japan so...

EAT IT JUST EAT IT!

Thanks

Good Luck! i hope he eats for you! makes me wonder why they are so easily stressed!

btw, he is working on #4 hopper mouse now, this will be his last one for this week, he was only getting 1 adult in the store and hoppers are one stage smaller, so i think ive already fed him enough.

i love that wierd al song in your sig, hehehehehhehe

Thanks

alrighty, he ate 3, grabbed the fourth, spit it out, so i assume that he is full, and i mean, 3 hoppers is quite a bit for him anyway as far as i concerned, im just happy he ate.

Thanks

Feeding multiple mice is OK but you could try feeding her/him just one big mouse.You need to look at the thickest part of your Ball python the mouse you feed your ball python is the mouse that is as big as there thickest point.

Hope this help and weird al is awesome hahaha
    How comes your such a fussy young man? Don't want no captain crunch no raisin brain.. Well don't you know that other kids are starving in japan so...

EAT IT JUST EAT IT!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gage View Post
    im very happy right now, in the 2 months ive worked at petland, and fed this snake, he has never been this willing to eat before, before i even got my hand halfway down the tank, that unthawed warm mouse was goin down his throat! i must be doing something right! he is eating his second hopper as i type

it surprised me because i was told to only handle him 10 minutes a day max for the first week, well, hes been with me for 5 days now (ate 7 days ago) and was handled by me for anwhere from 1 - 5 hours a day, and he is eating like a monster!
    It's suprising to me that you found good advice and decided that you would disregard it. It very unusual for a ball python to tolerate that much handling, and just because you can doesn't mean you should. That advice is given, because as a general rule, it works.

I'm glad that your snake is eating well though.
    Christie
    Reptile Geek

Cause when push comes to shove you taste what you're made of
    You might bend, till you break cause its all you can take
    On your knees you look up decide you've had enough
    You get mad you get strong wipe your hands shake it off
    Then you Stand

Thanks

Heh oh yeah i just noticed where he said "i handled it in the first week". Well as long as she is eating that is fine but next time leave for at least a week and trust me i know how hard it can be to leave for a week haha.

EAT IT JUST EAT IT!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
    It's suprising to me that you found good advice and decided that you would disregard it. It very unusual for a ball python to tolerate that much handling, and just because you can doesn't mean you should. That advice is given, because as a general rule, it works.

I'm glad that your snake is eating well though.
    nonono, i did this before i got onto this site, i didnt handle him more then an hour after i was told this lol

it really is difficult, but really, he obviously wasnt stressed at all so i dont see the big deal, though i wont handle and didnt handle him that much after i was told not to, though there wasnt one snake my uncle didnt handle all the time, even just after he got it, and he had burmese, Balls, Reticulated etc and they all did wonderfully for him.

ill definitely get something bigger later on (when these 9 are finished off) for him, i picked up some small ones because i was told it is easier to get him eating on smaller ones then move him on to larger after his first feeding, as you just dont know whether it will eat for you...
    Last edited by Gage; 08-14-2008 at 04:19 PM.

Thanks

Ahhhh, I'm sorry I misunderstood. Congrats again.
    Christie
    Reptile Geek

Cause when push comes to shove you taste what you're made of
    You might bend, till you break cause its all you can take
    On your knees you look up decide you've had enough
    You get mad you get strong wipe your hands shake it off
    Then you Stand

Thanks

and wait, why the attack, hes eating isnt he? so may i ask what the big deal is, if i ever noticed any form of stress i woulda put him back for a couple weeks with no handling at all, but not once did he ever appears stressed, and not once did he ever curl himself in a ball, so i dont see the need for an attack towards me, especially without asking if i noticed any signs of stress or anything before all and out telling me that i was stupid to touch the little guy, considering he did eat, and hasnt been stressed at all, in the whole time ive had him, the day i put him in the tank the first thing he did was curiously check out everyhting in his new house, he didnt go and curl in a ball like it appears everyone on here is saying he would, which is the only reason i was handling him, he isnt stressed, he is always on the go, especially at night time, he enjoys curling around the stick in there and hanging around.

sorry for not following the exact advise given, im normally one to follow any advise given, but if i truely thought, or even so much as had a suspicion that it might harm him, i wouldnt have touched him, but really, hes fine, he ate, so whats the big deal?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast