Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,292

0 members and 1,292 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Day 4 - Getting anxious...

Well i have great news everyone i went to change my bps water today and she could of struck but she didn't!!!!!! Hooray!!!! I'm going to try feeding her on Thursday which would be a week from when i got her.After that i will start to handle her (don't worry i will wait 2 days).Thanks to everyone who replied to my thread "Vicious Ball Python" and you were right she is not vicious just scared like hell!!!Now she is settling in and getting to know her place.The only thing is she does stay in her hide ALOT i mean when i got my corn a year ago she just wanted to check the place out but my BP just sits in her hide though i do know she comes out when i sleep (My Viv is next to my bed) because i see the substrate move when i wake up.

Does anyone else have this experience that there BP never wants to go out and about?
    How comes your such a fussy young man? Don't want no captain crunch no raisin brain.. Well don't you know that other kids are starving in japan so...

EAT IT JUST EAT IT!

Thanks

Re: Day 4 - Getting anxious...

Bp's in their hides are common. These are ambush predators, not active hunters. They like dark, confined areas they can squish themselves into. They are generally shy and nocturnal. They aren't at all like a cornsnake.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Yeah i guess ... I get the best of both world with a BP and a corn!!
    How comes your such a fussy young man? Don't want no captain crunch no raisin brain.. Well don't you know that other kids are starving in japan so...

EAT IT JUST EAT IT!

Thanks

That's one of the perks of a mixed collection.

Watch for your bp to start lurking. That's basically where she'll stay coiled in her hide but with her head and maybe a bit of her neck peeking out the entrance. That's a good indication she's settling in and starting to wonder when dinner might wander by.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Gotcha actually she is doing that when i come upstairs to go to bed she has her head peeking out.Once she was actually out!! I hope she is getting more confident with me.

Plus she was in blue 2 days ago so that means she should be shedding like today or tomorrow.

EAT IT JUST EAT IT!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck1289 View Post
    The only thing is she does stay in her hide ALOT i mean when i got my corn a year ago she just wanted to check the place out but my BP just sits in her hide though i do know she comes out when i sleep (My Viv is next to my bed) because i see the substrate move when i wake up.

Does anyone else have this experience that there BP never wants to go out and about?
    This is actually very normal for BPs. If it literally NEVER came out of its hide, that might be reason for concern, but usually if the owner thinks it never comes out, it is just that they don't see it because it comes out at night.

I'd be much more worried about a ball that spent a lot of time outside of its hides than one that spends most of its time in its hides.
    Casey