Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,717

2 members and 2,715 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull

View Poll Results: Do you live feed? Think it's safe?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I do live feed and I think it's safe

21 47.73%
  • Yes I do and No it's not safe

8 18.18%
  • No I don't and No it's not safe

6 13.64%
  • No I don't and Yes it's safe

9 20.45%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Amung the Redwood Forests of Northern California
    Thanks

Smile Video of BCIs Live Feed

Thanks

Re: Video of BCIs Live Feed

i would've voted, but i do not see an option for, "I think it's dumb to post live feeding videos."

Amung the Redwood Forests of Northern California
    Thanks

Smile Re: Video of BCIs Live Feed

Quote Originally Posted by redpython View Post
    i would've voted, but i do not see an option for, "I think it's dumb to post live feeding videos."
    That's nice, you are more than welcome to express your own opinion, but I don't think you have to be rude about it. Just as you are allowed to share your point of view on a subject, so am I, and I find live feeds to be an interesting look into the snake world and thought others may think so as well.

Thanks

I live feed and think it is safe as long as you pay attention to the food and the snake. If you were to throw the rat in and leave then it would be unsafe. I had one of our BPs get a small cu, but it was truly his fault, he got the mouse's foot stuck between him and the mouse and constricted hard enough to cut himself. The mouse was already dead before it happened (I was watching the whole thing b/c this BP is fun to watch eat) and he did while trying to position the mouse near his mouth.
    ~Will

1.0 Argentine Boa
    2.1 Ball Pythons
    2.1 Kenyan Boas (1.1 anery)
    0.1 Dumeril's Boa
    1.0 Colombian RT Boa

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by norcal_707 View Post
    That's nice, you are more than welcome to express your own opinion, but I don't think you have to be rude about it. Just as you are allowed to share your point of view on a subject, so am I, and I find live feeds to be an interesting look into the snake world and thought others may think so as well.
    Finding live feeding may or may not be an interesting look into the world of snakes, that would be one person's opinion. And you didn't ask if it was "interesting" you asked if it was safe.

However, there are a lot of people who hate us snake folks, and sometimes their reasoning is the feeding of live "innocent" prey items is cruel.

Look man, I could care less about rodents, and I could care less whether people feed live or dead, but i do care about my hobby that is constantly under fire.

Unfortunately some people look at these vermin as things with souls, feelings and they think they're made from sugar and spice and everything nice. I don't agree with this viewpoint and think people who believe this way are whack jobs...buuuuttttt...I am not gonna fuel any fires by posting feeding pics/vids online.

So when every Tom, :cens0r::cens0r::cens0r::cens0r: and Harry wants to post a video of their snake eating a live prey item online for all to see, it doesn't help our cause.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to redpython For This Useful Post:

iCandiBallPythons (01-19-2009)

Thanks

Well, No matter what your opnion is it really doesn't matter, it's what your snake eats that is the awnser to this pole. If you throw the idea of" Feeding live is bad" in front of any of my snakes they would give you the stink eye before they strike at you
    Last edited by Beardedragon; 08-10-2008 at 08:19 PM.
    - Matt

Come here little guy. You're awfully cute and fluffy but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat

Thanks

Why is it that my posts always end threads!!!
    - Matt

Come here little guy. You're awfully cute and fluffy but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat

Thanks

I feed live and I watch the snake eat the mouse in case the mouse bites the snake and I'm always ready in case the mouse does bite the snake. Poor mouse.... yes i do like mice and even once had one as a pet but the snake has to eat the mice..... so yea............

Thanks

Though I always feel bad for clicking on the videos of the snakes eating for fun, I can't deny the fact I think its entertaining. -shrug- I also used them for an educational purpose though. Before I got my BP, my main issue is whether or not I'd be able to handle him eating the rodents... I mean, I've had 14 hamsters before I got my BP so I thought that I would freak and make my step-dad feed him. After watchign MANYMANYMANY feeding videos though I found that it didn't bother me anymore and now I don't even think about it. -shrug-
    But anyway, back to the main purpose of the poll, I chose that I do NOT feed live and think that its dangerous. Not always is it not safe and if you take the precautions, it can be as safe as feeding f/t but for myself personally, I wouldn't ever want to risk the damage that an angry meal can cause. =)
    -Abbi [:

1.0.0 Chinese Water Dragon - Axel.
    0.1.0 Ball Python - Seether.
    1.0.0 Bearded Dragon - Doby.
    1.2.0 (plus strays I feed!) Cats - Lucky, Kitty, and Meggy.
    0.0.3 Fish - No namesssss.

9.0.0 Rats - Louie, Chessie, Elliot, Eddie, Loki, Andante, Stevie, Igby, and Zigby. (RIP Boys. <3)
    0.1.0 - Tremper Albino Leopard Gecko - Izzy (RIP.)
    1.3.0 - Angus, and the girlie trio. (RIP.)

Too many frozen mice, mealworms, and crickets to count! Don't you love reptiles?

Thanks

Awesome video
    1.0.0 Normal Ball Python, 0.1.0 Albino Ball Python, 1.0.0 Spider Ball Python, 0.1.0 Pastel Ball Python, 1.0.0 Sorong Type Green Tree Python, 0.1.0 Green Iguana, 1.0.0 Whites Tree Frog,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast