Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,505

0 members and 2,505 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries

Talking Look at my babies!

I lost my first litter of rat pups. The black hooded female had 9, but they died within a day I'm not sure if it was because she was young and it was her first litter. That's my only guess. She was 5-6 months old.

Mercedes, my fawn hooded rat had 13, she ate the one They are 5 days old, I have it on Excel so I can keep track of everything!

Here's mom, she didn't mind us playing with her babies! She just wanted scratched.

I'm dissapointed in the quality of the hooded markings. Oh well I suppose, I'm planning to freeze most of them anyway, I just wanted to see what the color/markings would be like. Does anyone know why some of them are lighter/darker shades of black? I'm assuming they will all turn out to be black or aguoti hooded. My little sister was there helping me and she wants me to keep a couple of the lighter ones and one good hooded alive So Mercedes will most likely be left with 3 babies after tonight.

Thanks

Re: Look at my babies!

Quote Originally Posted by Isis View Post
    I lost my first litter of rat pups. The black hooded female had 9, but they died within a day I'm not sure if it was because she was young and it was her first litter. That's my only guess. She was 5-6 months old.

Mercedes, my fawn hooded rat had 13, she ate the one They are 5 days old, I have it on Excel so I can keep track of everything!

Here's mom, she didn't mind us playing with her babies! She just wanted scratched.

I'm dissapointed in the quality of the hooded markings. Oh well I suppose, I'm planning to freeze most of them anyway, I just wanted to see what they color/markings would be like. Does anyone know why some of them are lighter/darker shades of black? I'm assuming they will all turn out to be black or aguoti hooded. My little sister was there helping me and she wants me to keep a couple of the lighter ones and one good hooded alive So Mercedes will be left with 3 babies after tonight.
    Some of them look like they could be blue hooded?
    The two lighter ones on the left one away from the end..

Thanks
    Blog Entries

REALLY?!!! Oh dear....I might not be taking her babies then.....I was actually wondering about those two, but I just figured it was wishful thinking!

I am curious to see what she would make. I suppose if they turn out to be black or agouti I could give them to jpman and others that are interested.

I've got a platinum agouti berkshire on hold, so I'll have another male/female to play with soon!
    Last edited by SlitherinSisters; 08-08-2008 at 04:21 PM.

Thanks

They are most likely agouti.
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Thanks

Nice...
    Quick qeustion: Is it actually cheaper to breed your own than too buy froozen?

Thanks

awww i like the markings on the one on the bottom left, it looks like it has a thin stripe down its spine!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Evans View Post
    Nice...
    At the top of the breeding rats forum, there is a sticky to answer that very question!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evans View Post
    Nice...
    For me I'm mostly just having fun. I can get 12 rat pups a month and freeze them all. The mom and pop cost me $5 (each) and roughly $2 a month to feed 3 of them. I've got my 3-year-old blue hooded pet on expensive food and more fresh veggies and fruits, but the other three get purina dog chow and some fresh veggies. Froozen rat pups cost over a dollar each around here, so you do the math Plus it's just plain fun

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SatanicIntention View Post
    They are most likely agouti.
    I was afraid of that. I figure I'll get this platinum agouti and use him/her for playing with color, and use the agouti male for mostly freezing pinkies. Do you know anything about the agouti platinums? I don't know if that's the proper name, but the breeder sent me a picture and he/she's a sliver color with just a hint of light brown mixed in.

Quote Originally Posted by filly77 View Post
    awww i like the markings on the one on the bottom left, it looks like it has a thin stripe down its spine!
    That one is neat! The first one on the top is really neat too! It's stripe is pretty solid, but doesn't quite go all the way down.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

When do they get their hair?