Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,225

0 members and 1,225 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Unhappy My poor little girl!

I dropped Binka off at the vet this morning to get spayed and declawed. I know it's the right thing to do but I feel so bad for her! Poor thing has no idea what's going on! Right before I left her she got all lovey and purrrry, etc. Made me feel even worse! BUT she will come out a changed feline- hopefully for the better!

Any other saps here, besides me?
    *I love this crazy, tragic, almost magic, awful, beautiful life*
    ~melanie~

Thanks

Re: My poor little girl!

Oh poor Binka will be ok in a couple weeks. It is really hard to drop an animal off for surgery but you will be happy you did! A cat in-heat is HELL! lol Sending healing vibes to Binka. When do you pick her up?
    Karen
    WAKARUSA 2011

Thanks

For me, declawing is a personal decision. There are always alternatives though, which don't cause any pain and further degenerative problems(future arthritis, degenerative joint disease, etc). Soft Paws(little silicone covers held on with super glue) work great and come in all sorts of colors. Clipping their nails and providing appropriate scratching areas will deter them from ruining furnuture/walls or whatever.

Spaying is a good decision, declawing, I've never been a big fan of unless it's on a very tiny kitten who isn't very large yet(3-4lbs). Declawing removes the first digit(bone) on each toe, so it is very painful, and sometimes can result in deformed feet. It can also change their personality since they know they don't have claws. So that results in them biting...

Hope all goes well though!
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Thanks

She has a scratching post to use, but still likes to use the couch, chairs, walls and other furniture. She's just getting front declawed in case she ever got outside.

She's a little girl...maybe 4 pounds if that... I'm just hoping she does well with the declaw surgery, I'm not worried about the spaying.
    Jason

Thanks

thank you both for the good thoughts. I pick her up tomorrow morning. She's only about 3 or 4lbs so there shouldn't be a problem. I know that she'll probably bite more when playing- I'm okay with that! It's the clawing I couldn't deal with- on me or my furniture! She's got plenty of scratching posts, but does she use em? :rolleye: Plus, she'll still have her black claws to learn to play with!
    ~melanie~

Thanks

A cat in-heat is HELL!
    Tell me about it, I have 2 female cats...and they are very annoying when they are in heat...Luckily our male cat is neutered...so now we dont get babies. BTW these are inside cats. Hopefully we'll get the females spayed here soon (I hope so!)
    0.1.0 Ball Python-Raja
    1.0.0 Leopard Gecko-Omar
    0.0.1 Leopard Gecko-Ricardo
    0.0.1 Leopard Gecko-Carlos
    Nick

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nick144 View Post
    Tell me about it, I have 2 female cats...and they are very annoying when they are in heat...Luckily our male cat is neutered...so now we dont get babies. BTW these are inside cats. Hopefully we'll get the females spayed here soon (I hope so!)
    A cat in heat is one thing that I would have a hard time dealing with! Hope you get them into the vet soon!
    ~melanie~

Thanks

Cats in heat are horrible. We finally gave in and let her go outside....But we spayed her as soon as she weaned her kittens.

My cat has only scratched on the furniture once...and that was the last time...

good luck with everything!!

Thanks

Hope all goes well! I'm sorry to hear she was declawed though, like SatanicIntention said there are many other good alternatives that do not pose such a huge health risk for you cat.

Thanks

Binka is home and doesn't seem to be in too much pain. A little sore. But they gave me a pain killer for her that's supposed to last 3 days so, hopefully she'll be alright! The vet tech said everything went very well and everybody loved her! I'm just glad to have her back!
    ~melanie~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast