Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,149

1 members and 3,148 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

how do you get your permit for hots?

so im not thinking about hots at all...
    but i was wondering how you get the permit...
    or whatever it is to own hots...

also..

where would you get hots?

i heard from some shows you can...
    but thats about it..
    besides wild..

Thanks

Re: how do you get your permit for hots?

I'd hate to see someone with a signature line that says "Rest in peace Fiend for life,You were a fiendish fiend, and you deserved so much more." You better think real hard before you get into hots.
    Do not resuscitate

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dsirkle View Post
    I'd hate to see someone with a signature line that says "Rest in peace Fiend for life,You were a fiendish fiend, and you deserved so much more." You better think real hard before you get into hots.
    What does this have to do with it?
    Just a rhetorical question.. but I'm assuming that was a snake that died? I don't know the story, but I've had snakes die on me too, and it's not always in our hands.

Thanks

I know in my town, one of the requirements is that you have to prove to AC that you've had at least five years experience with non-venomous snakes. Beyond that I don't know - I'll never keep anything hot.

Thanks

Well, it has to do with the fact that he says that he's not thinkng about hots but then asks questions that shows that he is thinking about hots. I think that hots are dangerous enough that most people (certainly me) should leave them alone.
    Do not resuscitate

Thanks

Now I know you are not intrested in getting into hots, but lets say you were but didn't want to hear everyone tell you what they are going to tell you. If that were the case I would tell you you need to find a mentor someone who has worked with hots for a long time and is willing to teach you. The point is that once you find a mentor and he is willing to teach you then all your questions will be answered along the way by someone who knows what you are and are not ready for. That is why even the mention of a question such as this in a hot forum gets a bad response. but find a mentor and go from there, but hots are a huge $$$$$$ investment especially if you end up getting envenomated. permits are issues by the city or state and hot snakes can be procured through many of the same channels as nonvenomus animals. Its never good to end up a headline when it comes to hot snakes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blackcrystal22 View Post
    What does this have to do with it?
    Just a rhetorical question.. but I'm assuming that was a snake that died? I don't know the story, but I've had snakes die on me too, and it's not always in our hands.
    yes it was.
    and it was a snake we had tried to rescue.
    a ball accually...
    she had, upper and lower R.I., mouth rot, scale rot, and other infections through out her body.

im not jumping into HOTS im not a freakin stupid person wo thinks playin with snakes that can bite once, and your life is over.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dsirkle View Post
    Well, it has to do with the fact that he says that he's not thinkng about hots but then asks questions that shows that he is thinking about hots. I think that hots are dangerous enough that most people (certainly me) should leave them alone.
    im not thinking about them..
    i just wondered what the rules were...
    because ive seen ppl with hots, who REALLY shouldnt have them, and i just wonder "WTF WHY DO THEY HAVE THEM? HOW DID THEY GET A PERMIT?"

Thanks

I would guess that each State and unit of local government would have their own and probably not very uniform rules to issue permits for keeping venomous snakes. The reason that somebody would be issued permits to keep them is because somebody must have possession of hots to obtain venom from to make antidotes to snake bites and for man to have knowledge of venomous snakes. Most people with permits probably have science related degrees and can claim to be doing some sort of research or study. Although the law of averages would allow for some places to issue permits to anybody that applies for one.
    Do not resuscitate

Thanks

It's different by state, and sometimes by city. In Florida you need:

Provide documentation of a minimum of 1 year experience (to consist of no less than 1000 hrs.) within the family(s) of reptiles, for which the permit is requested. Include a description of the specific experience, dates, and location(s) where it was acquired. Include no less than 2 reference letters from individuals having personal knowledge of your stated experience.

You must provide one of the following in order to exhibit Venomous Reptiles:
    _____ $10,000 Check, Money Order or Cash _____ $10,000 Bond – Expiration Date of Bond: ______/____/_______