Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,301

2 members and 3,299 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable

Thread: Where should I

Thanks

Where should I

post ads for my pythons? Kingsnake? Local paper? Just wondering what is a good way to sell my snakes. The local pet shop wants to buy them all, of course the price is way low.I'm going to let him have a couple cuz I need another rack.I realize he has to be able to sell at a profit.

Thanks

Re: Where should I

I would try those avenues on the internet (kingsnake, fauna, here, etc), but also the local pet shop is good, too. I understand they're probably asking, too low. But maybe try to negotiate something with them where on the tanks they put up a sign: Top quality snakes from Perkins Reptiles!!, or something like that to get your name out locally.

You'll be surprised what local networking can do. I did that with a mom and pop shop during high school when I was first starting out and it helped a lot. I got a lot of people coming to me with questions and looking to buy a pet snake from that. It helped keep business fairly steady. I still get people sending an email or calling saying "Oh, you sold my friend a snake for her son, we're looking for one for our son" and stuff like that.

I only recently (in the last few years) started selling on the internet. I turned to the internet because as I started getting more cutting edge snakes, your average person looking for a pet isn't willing to pay the kind of money they're worth. So its a balance, and the internet you also have a lot of competition.

But know its going to be slow and not an instant thing. Best thing to do is to just build your rep for selling top notch quality and business will slowly start to happen.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. I sold 5 snakes in one day. All local. 2 went to the pet shop.
    Internet sales-0

Thanks

Great question.