Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,724

1 members and 2,723 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

cat peeing in wrong place..

Oh my god.. I am so heated right now. In the past few days, I have thought that I smelled cat pee on some of our clothes that we toss onto the floor in the laundry room. Well today I caught my cat (male, approx. 13 years old, in good health, utd with vet checkups and shots, longterm neutered) PEEING on one of my favorite clothing items on the floor by the washer. He was just finising this when I caught him. He was not spraying, he was squatting.
    For one, this is about 5 feet from his litter box that is CLEAN! Two, he saw me watching and did not even stop. I immediately grabbed him by the scruff and scooped him up and yelled LOUDly.. he went running.
    GRRR... any advice? Here's the new development that might be contributing to this? An intact male stray is hanging around our house, spraying outside sometimes.. can't get anywhere near the thing.. I am thinking that a live-trap and visit to the shelter might be on order for that. I can't live like this. I can NOT let my house be one of those houses steeped in cat urine.. I love my cat; he is my shadow around the house and sleeps curled up with me. This is heart wrenching. I won't get rid of him, but if this keeps up he will have to be confined to a very small area.
    -Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.

Thanks

Re: cat peeing in wrong place..

OMG I am aghast! There are.. shudder.. maggots in the litter box. I did not notice this before today!! OMG again.. I am just flipping out here. So maybe this is why he is not using the box? I am going to completely change out the box now.. man this is the nastiest thing on earth.. I use clumping litter and I sift it out daily.. seriously.
    Ball pythons:

Thanks

Wow! I have no idea... but i have to go change my kitties litter box now... >.<

Thanks

That could exactly why. Our cat all of a sudden did that to, after a month of things not worried we figured itout, shewasallergic to thcat litter, we had recently changed it. So def change the litter!!

Thanks

it is gross! I am not a scumbucket who never cleans the cat box. I read up on this, and it says that flies can lay their eggs in fresh cat..poop.. and it goes from there. I did notice some larger flies in the house over the weekend.. so I am going now to clean this mess up.. I have to psyche myself up for it because this sort of thing revolts me.!
    Ball pythons:

Thanks

I feel your pain Jen! Well no the maggot thing but the whole peeing thing.

My cat smokey has just started doing the same damn thing and Im pissed

He started by going in the kids rooms and peeing in their closets...so we started locking their doors. Then he decided to go in their bathroom and jump in the laundry hamper to pee in there. WTF???

Im at a loss I love my cat but Im ready to kill him!!!

Before we moved here we looked at another house...beautiful house great price less than the one we bought and 2x nicer, but it reeked of cat piss...needless to say we passed on it even after they dropped the price.

Now my house flippin smells like cat piss and the smell wont go away. Ive steam cleaned the carpet febreezed everything...

Now what???

Like I said I feel for ya

Thanks

Well! There was no outside peeing that I can see today. I found some nice clumped litter in his box that proves that he peed there today I plan on being overscrupulous now in cleaning this box. I will do it 2-3 times a day, seriously. I did the squatting-shuffle-sniff through the whole house and do not see or smell any peepee evidence
    Sorry about your troubles, Lena My sister-and-brother-inlaw moved into a house that had previous cats.. and their cats started peeing where the former cats lived! They eventually got rid of their cats (to a good home) because they just could not stop it
    Ball pythons: