Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,187

3 members and 3,184 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

some people are so ignorant

some people are so dumb. i appreciate all forms of religion. its your choice do what you like but some people i think take stuff too far.
    i found this on CNN tonight.
    http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/07/13/...ref=newssearch
    1.0 husband 2.0 children * 1.1 doggies * 1.1 kitties * 0.1 dumerils boa * 1.0 argentine boa * 1.1 normal ball pythons * 1.0 normal kenyan boa * 0.1 anery kenyan boas * 1.0 tokay gecko * 1.0 russian tortoise * 1.0 beardie *

Thanks

Re: some people are so ignorant

Ignorance is bliss.

Anti-Thread Necro Patrol
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,230 Times in 739 Posts
    Blog Entries

As a practicing Christian, I have always found it ....fascinating....that some people will take one verse from the entire Bible and focus solely on it.

Christianity is about...Christ! That should be the focus.

Just my 2cents.

Oh, this sort of practice has been around in the US at least 100 years. Very few practice it and most of them or in the Appalachians for some reason.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MasonC2K View Post
    As a practicing Christian, I have always found it ....fascinating....that some people will take one verse from the entire Bible and focus solely on it.

Christianity is about...Christ! That should be the focus.

Just my 2cents.

Oh, this sort of practice has been around in the US at least 100 years. Very few practice it and most of them or in the Appalachians for some reason.

i know that it has been around for a long while and im ok with it i suppose, its just people should safer about it. people can be so dumb about things. i could be wrong but im sure when god said that he didnt mean its ok to play with venomous snakes in an unsafe manner that its potentially harmful to you and the snake.
    1.0 husband 2.0 children * 1.1 doggies * 1.1 kitties * 0.1 dumerils boa * 1.0 argentine boa * 1.1 normal ball pythons * 1.0 normal kenyan boa * 0.1 anery kenyan boas * 1.0 tokay gecko * 1.0 russian tortoise * 1.0 beardie *

Thanks
    Thanked 1,370 Times in 943 Posts

When is says serpents, who specified deadly ones? A ball python or boa would be alot smarter, oh yeah that would take logic or common sense

Thanks

I love this quote from that article...

"You can purchase anything off the Internet except common sense," Harrison said. "A venomous snake isn't a pet. You don't play with it. If you do, you're an idiot."
    Amen.

Thanks

I like how in the bible it also states that serpents will be legless, and strike at mans heals.... I am a Christian, and god knows I won't touch ahoy like that!! LOL.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crystal View Post
    i could be wrong but im sure when god said that he didnt mean its ok to play with venomous snakes in an unsafe manner that its potentially harmful to you and the snake.
    Do you ever wonder if the folks playing with the deadly serpents are not themselves certain they know what god means?

If you don't wonder that, why?

Unless you have a pipeline to god what you say has no more veracity than what they say.

And yet, here are you and several others, who disagree with these people, saying that you KNOW you are right and they are wrong but you can't prove it.

Depending on which version and translation of the bible you use, I believe there is a reference to the snakes being venomous as the ones to truly test one's faith.

If one bites you and you know nothing will happen, how can that be a test of your faith? Gotta be some risk in there somewhere. It's in all the Godding Manuals.

Anyway, this has been an interesting thread.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

The funny thing is that the word serpent in the Bible has nothing to do with snakes or dragons or anything else our modern culture tries to tell us.

In Genesis the serpent is actually "nâchâsh" and it means basically "a created being that enchants" How that became serpent and/or snake I have no idea. There are some variations to that translation (shiny created being the enchants for example) but none of them have anything to do with a snake.

The Biblical verse people like this take to mean they can literally pick up venomous snakes without being poisoned speaks of being able to face and stand against venomous lies (enchantment) without being harmed. It has nothing to do with handling snakes physical snakes. It's a spiritual statement.

Thanks

God also says in the bible that if you have enough faith he will move mountains for you...

The day I see a mountain relocate so that it isnt obstructing me I will go pick up spitting cobra....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast