Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,716

0 members and 2,716 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Question ASF breeders in SE Michigan?

I have a VERY picky girl on my hands, that hasnt eaten at all since febuary. Its not too much of a problem, but the person I bought her from had a lot of problems with her eating and said the only time she ate every time she was offerd was with ASF rats... .. So, I want to find some. I saw a post about some in Grand Rapids, but Im on the other side of the state and would rather not go that far for them- but thats not to say that I wont. I live in Southeast MI, and was just wondering if anyone knows of some breeders in the area.

Also, if I do find one I think that I may just start a breeding colony myself. What are the differnce between keeping and caring for ASF compared to regualr rats?

Thanks!
    Jessika

0.1 NERD Coral Glow
    1.0 Harliquin Great Dane, Gambit
    0.2 Cats, Mojo-Jojo and Rebel
    A hubby that isn't a fan of reptiles but is learning to love them, and a baby girl named Eve 😊❤

Thanks

Re: ASF breeders in SE Michigan?

I live in northern IL.. which Probably doesn't help you very much.. but I got mine from a petstore near me.

Thanks

I have a great reptile store just down the street from me, that just opened up a couple years ago, but they dont have them... I felt bad for them though- first their place was robed of over $40,000 worth of animals- including their own personal pets. T

hen (this isnt as bad but), they had a male albino in there for $2,000 a few weeks ago... So I asked her about it, if it was like a het or anything- petty much why it was $2,000. She said that the breeder she gets her balls from sold him to her for that much, and that no, just an albino. Now I must say that this woman knows her reptiles, and treat them all amazing, but she dabbles in more than balls.

So then I asked how much he charges for pieds, to which she relied, "He said for us he would do just under the market prive- for $12,000".... So I told her about this site, and too look online at some breeders, beacuse that is just crazy. The next week I went in for some rats/mice, and she was PISSED!!! She ranted on to me for like an hour about the guy and how much he had been ripping them off. I felt bad, but I feel better kowing that she now knows the truth (Also, after looking at Adam, Ralph, and a lot of other great breeders sites, she said that his breeding facility looked horrible cmpared to theirs!).
    Jessika

0.1 NERD Coral Glow
    A hubby that isn't a fan of reptiles but is learning to love them, and a baby girl named Eve 😊❤

Thanks

I am in west MI and started selling at the Grand Rapids show this weekend. I can meet in the Muskegon area and possibly in Grand Rapids outside of the show dates if I'm selling a decent number.
    www.ASFRats.info African soft-furred rats information and exchange.

www.WarrenReptiles.com
    Website Hosting available see site for details

Thanks

How far SE are you talking? The Taylor show has a couple vendors of ASF's, and I know there are private breeders that can be contacted.

Thanks

The Taylor show does have one regular vendor right now but shes mostly selling retired breeders. she doesnt have the various ages she usually does but is hoping to have some by next month.
    I just gave some soft furs away well actually traded them. I gave 2 trios and a pair. So I am out of extras at the moment. We just increased our production. And most are only a week or so old.

Thanks

I live pretty close to Taylor- arnt the shows there every second sunday of the month? And thanks TekWarren- I will be sure to let you know!
    Jessika

0.1 NERD Coral Glow

Thanks

Second Saturday of each month so you just missed one this past Saturday (the 12th). The show for August is on Saturday, August 9th. Here's a link for you....

http://www.michiganreptileshow.com/index.html
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Thank you very much for the link- yea, maybe I'll go next time
    Jessika

0.1 NERD Coral Glow

Thanks

We were planning on make the August show but I think we have friends from northern Michigan coming down that weekend. Hopefully we'll make the September show because I'm in dire need of new ASF breeding groups myself. I have loads of feeder sizes I could set up into breeding groups but I'd like to freshen up our gene pool a bit right now.
    ~~Joanna~~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast