Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,964

4 members and 2,960 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

Thread: New pet =p

Thanks

New pet =p

Somebody dropped off a cute little chinese dwarf hamster at petsmart while i was working today so I decided to keep it (it came with a little cage and food and extra bedding as well... guess the people really wanted nothing to do with this hamster any more?)

So yeah I brought it home for my sister... She always got sad when her little "pet" mice disappeared so I figured she could have a more permanent pet

She has named the little guy Casper (first choice was "mousey" until I explained to her that he wasn't a mouse, lol)

Pics of Casper the friendly hamster coming soon :p
    Mike Schultz
    Outback Reptiles
    mike@outbackreptiles.com
    703-365-2262

Thanks

Re: New pet =p

Friendly? A Petsmart dwarf?? Amazing.

Heh, a Russian Dwarf was my daughter's first pet. And accepting a brought in animal at Petsmart was how I got my Pacman. The folks brought him in rather desperate to get him a new home because the mother-in-law had moved in and hated amphibians...she had threatened to toss him, cage and all, into the dumpster if they didn't get rid of him. Some people...

Glad you got the little one and your sister can have a furry friend that will stick around.
    **Adriana - White 'N Nerdy!**

1.0 BP 'SunSpot', 0.1 Corn 'Freya', 1.0 IJ BTS 'Topaz', 1.0 ND bunny 'Licorice'

Thanks

When I worked at petsmart, the chinese dwarfs were always SUPER sweet, they cling to your fingers, and are just really cool little critters. I had one for awhile until my cat got him ....the other dwarfs.......*yikes* watch your fingers! There were very few of those little guys that were friendly....then again....there were very few of ANY of their other types of hamsters that were friendly. I noticed their honeybears were more friendly than the other types of *regular* hamsters. It could have been the Newengland distributor for Petsmart. But all i know is that 90% of their hamsters were evil. I got bit WAY to many times. I am SOOOO glad I don't work there anymore, that company's pet policy is a bit *f*d* up! Outward appearances are nice....but thats about it!
    kim~
    I am Kim......
    6 bp's, 1 cali king, 1 red footed tort, 2 cats, 2 dogs, assortment of feeders.....

Thanks

Yeah i'm not a fan of our small mammals. Although our rats are always really cool, and as an above poster mentioned the chinese dwarfs are always nice hamsters
    Mike Schultz
    Outback Reptiles
    mike@outbackreptiles.com
    703-365-2262

Thanks

I have one thats named Mikey thats a real sweetheart. I got him from Petsmart a few months ago and he's never even tried to bite! Actually... that isn't true. XD He loves nibbling on my ring... but he's never bit me before at least. He loves to cuddle and just sit and explore around in my lap. He's not overly hyper which is nice so I an even let my three-year-old brother kind of hold him. I've had four dwarfs in the past and only one of the four wouldn't let me hold him the minute I got him out of the box. Lots of people say they're nippy but really, I would definatly reccomend them over lots of other rodents I've kept in the past.
    =D
    -Abbi [:

1.0.0 Chinese Water Dragon - Axel.
    0.1.0 Ball Python - Seether.
    1.0.0 Bearded Dragon - Doby.
    1.2.0 (plus strays I feed!) Cats - Lucky, Kitty, and Meggy.
    0.0.3 Fish - No namesssss.

9.0.0 Rats - Louie, Chessie, Elliot, Eddie, Loki, Andante, Stevie, Igby, and Zigby. (RIP Boys. <3)
    0.1.0 - Tremper Albino Leopard Gecko - Izzy (RIP.)
    1.3.0 - Angus, and the girlie trio. (RIP.)

Too many frozen mice, mealworms, and crickets to count! Don't you love reptiles?