Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,830

1 members and 2,829 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero

Hybrid View

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Where do you start with proving out a dinker?

OKay, so this is the year of some serious breeding, being out of college and all.

So my problem : I noticed some people selectively breed their dinkers, while others start from the floor and breed them to normals.

I don't know which approach I should take, as I have many unprovens and dinker projects. If I start from the ground, and breed dinker x normal, at least I'll know that the dinker is the source of anything unusual and exactly what the gene looks like. Then I could work my way up.

If I selectively breed, and I get something awesome, that would be great. But then I would have to work my way backwards to find out what came from where.

Im pretty sure that Im going to put the unproven calico to my yellowbelly pastel. I know what that the female is probably a calico, and that's that.

My main dilema is this pair:

Armani

Lassie

I think lassie is just going to turn out to be a nice blusher, and wonder if she should go with the pastel yellowbelly as well ... ack I dont know I'm so confused!!!

What do you guys do?

Thanks

Re: Where do you start with proving out a dinker?

Well, most people still pair up their Dinkers to morphs, unless none are availible, or they are REALLY special. Ive got a Black pastel female with no coloring on her head, and she is going to be paired up with my Lesser. should I get a few that are the same... Great!! I think it would be somewhat of a waist to breed dinkers to normals if I had morphs, or hets, on the site.
    - Matt

Come here little guy. You're awfully cute and fluffy but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat

Thanks

Well, I don't know about you, but if I were you, I'd pack Armani up in a box and ship her to me...

XD And if not that, then I'd definitely introduce her(?) to a cinnamon. That is a BEAUITUFL snake. Loooove the blushing. XD
    Ball Pythons
    1.0 Normal "Draccy"
    0.2 Normal "Matika", "Lara Croft"
    1.0 Lesser Cinny "Thor"

Thanks

Ill be looking to prove out a dinker that looks very similar to your armani this winter. I have him scheduled to meet up with my pastel female. I dont have any normal females so I have no choice but to paid him with my pastel. Hopefully we both got something new and they make really cool super forms!! Best of luck with her
    snakes

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Well you cannot leave me hanging like that mr. Where are the pictures of my armani's clutch mate!!

And armani is a male. I dont know if I should put armani and lassie together ... she is the only breedable special female I have, unless i GET CRACK-A-LACKIN on getting some others up to size.

Thanks

Gamble looks a little different than Armani but has the same type of blushing and a very similar pattern... This guy was captive hatched in africa and hopefully has something new going on.

snakes

Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,377 Posts

Even if you, say, bred Armani to a normal female, you would have to breed him multiple times. The first year you may get a few normal looking offspring and some that may have inherited Armani's looks. If you're working with a subtle co-dom morph like a yellow belly, it would take several years to breed some babies, then breed a female that has Armani's looks, back to Armani to see if you get a super.

I'm still unsure about the whole straight up morph or just inherited looks thing. Unless of course there's a super.

If a yellow belly to yellow belly didn't produce a super, would it still be considered a genetic mutation or morph? Or would it just be a snake that tended to produce offspring that inherited it's parents looks...

I'm confused...
    Lucifer Sam, Siam cat...
    Always sitting by your side,
    Always by your side...
    That cat's something I can't explain...

Thanks

Dinker

So I got an import. A goodie bag so to speak. A dinker sub Saharan volta. Over 6300 grams. Such a tiny baby.. Lol well before I had to disassemble my hobby I bred her to my coral glow as he was the only option i had that was a dominant. I had no norms. She had 12 (huge!!) eggs. However sadly only 7 made it. My coral glow I've had since a baby. So I feel like a proud gramma anyways I am seeing a bunch of different markings. Nothing uber crazy but their bellies have me puzzled. I only had 1 coral glow baby and his/her markings are different. There's one I want to hold on to to see what may come but I am getting out of the hobby (??) And am unsure. Thought it would be fantastic to pair these 2 but now it just leaves me in questions. Some of their bellies are very busy. Any help will be good. Will send pics on request.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

12yr old dead thread...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk