Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,224

3 members and 3,221 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,083
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NopeRopeMD
    Thanks

ASF comparison pics (graphic!)

The Cinnamon's next to the Grey ASFs. Watch out, they're flashing their bits!

I'm a nerd I know LOL!!! Seeing as how I'm brand new to the colors, looking for some feedback if I got the colors named right. I know Mike will chime in!

BPnet Senior Member Mike Cavanaugh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,022 Times in 458 Posts

Re: ASF comparison pics (graphic!)

Good question. I don't know!!!! Does anyone know if there is any kind of official established names for color patterns and / or different colors specificly regarding ASF's?

I know that for rats, they have very specific names and clasifications, but because I believe a lot of these patterns are unique to ASF's, I don't see how standard rat classifications can be used. Colours fine, but patterns we need ASF specific names!

Here is what I have so far. I have no ideas if they have official names yet, so I have made up names of my own.

What I call "Gremlin" is an ASF that has a white mohawk like stripe on its head. There are a few different kinds that I have, that are genetic. I have:
    1.) whole body and head same colour with white stripe on head. with or without pigment in ears
    2.) whole body and head same colour with white stripe AND white cheeks with or without pigment in ears.

With the gremlins, so far I have these colours:
    1.) brindle (a mix of brown and black.... like a brindle pit bull. I think this is different then what you are calling cinimon... but can't tell for sure.)
    2.) brown
    3.) light grey
    4.) super light grey, almost blue
    5.) Albino
    6.) Albino brindle? (really funky, mostly gold with with kind of white / kind of grey mixed in... like a brindle pattern)

What I call "Normal" is an ASF with a mostly coloured back with an all white face, or mostly white face. Here are the different kinds that I have that are genetic:
    1.) All white face, mostly coloured back with pink or pigmented ears
    2.) White face with some black spots, mostly coulored back, pigmented ears. These also have weird looking black spots on their feet, and scrotums.

With the normals so far I have these colours:
    1.) brown (with some black)
    2.) albino
    3.) grey

What I call "Caped" is an ASF that is similar to a normal, but with a much smaller patch of colour on the back. They are all white with a patch about the size of nickle on their shoulders. So far I only have these in albino.

The only other kind I have seen so far was the one posted the other day that looked like it was solid brindle... Don't have one of these yet, but want some bad!

Working on trying to prove out my first possible morph... and that would be my "Mickey Mouse" It is a normal with an all white face, Dark grey pigmented ears that are bigger then usual.

Just got a great new camera, so will try to take some decent pics soon.

Sorry for the book... But this is fun stuff! (Man I am such a dork!!!)

P.S.
    You have to protect your bits!!!
    Last edited by Mike Cavanaugh; 06-29-2008 at 08:31 AM.
    Mikey Cavanaugh
    (904) 318-3333

BPnet Senior Member Mike Cavanaugh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,022 Times in 458 Posts

Can someone PLEASE give me a lesson in rat colors? Becky? Robin? Ed? Somebody????

Is there a site that has good pictures of the colors and what they are named??? Not patterns, but colors???

LMAO!!!! Just figured out that Color is not spelled colour! It just looks terribly wrong in my opinion... but I guess I have no say in the matter...
    Mikey Cavanaugh
    (904) 318-3333

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mcavana View Post
    Just figured out that Color is not spelled colour!
    Unless you're English, then colour is the correct spelling. But I'm with you, it just looks wrong.