Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,357

1 members and 1,356 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Bunny pictures + he has a name!

wow, he's so cute!

Justin
    J. Kobylka Reptiles Website
    Check out the 2013 JKR incubator!

Warning:
    Snakes have been shown to cause death in laboratory rats.

Thanks

Verrrrry cute! Love the name too!
    Grey Scale is a good thing...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,326 Times in 1,368 Posts
    Blog Entries

I don't really have any experience with bunnies that were not raised with lots of handling (mine came from breeders with children that handled them every day), but I would definitely recommend ones that were raised with daily handling. You want a snuggle bunny--not a skittish scaredy bunny.

I feed my bunnies Mazuri rabbit pellets (I get it at PetSmart). The pellets should really only be in addition to hay, greens, veggies and the rest of their diet and not a main staple. Timothy hay is the best hay (most pellets have plenty of alfalpha in them already so you want to go with Timothy instead). Celery, brocolli (just the flowering part, not the stems), cilantro, fennel, parsley, chamomile flowers and small ammounts of carrot and apple are a good diet--there are lots more things I can add to this list I just don't remember off the top of my head but I will look in the book I have when I get home. That's basically what I feed mine though, in addition to some wild grasses and a very small amount of clover (too much upsets their stomachs). I grow most of their greens in planters on my deck in organic potting soil with no additives, that way I know exactly what they are getting.

If fed the correct diet you do not need to provide salt or mineral licks. Too much of those can actually make them sick.
    - Emily

Thanks

Justin & Laooda, thanks!!

Emily, thanks for that info.. you know now im going to have to get some of those plants today and grow mine own thank you very much lol.. which one specifically do you have planted? Im glad you agree with the "raising with children" thing.. i think that will make a world of a difference also. Although I had the BEST lop ear bunny growing up (She was the size of a cat though holy smokes!) I would dress her up in clothes and carry her around like a doll lol I remember being DEVESTATED when she finally passed away. Her name was snowflake.. i remember it like it was yesterday.. we had her, Thumper and Coco, coco would bite the ****ens out of you!

I can only hope ours will be as wonderful as snowflake for our family.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,326 Times in 1,368 Posts
    Blog Entries

I planted a bunch of stuff--I'll check all my seed packets tonight and let you know what it all was because honestly I don't remember it all off the top of my head (yes, I kept the seed packets because I knew I wouldn't remember!). I forgot dandelion greens--they love those! You will probably want to not allow your bunnies direct access to what you plant as you will be amazed at how quickly they will clean it out, roots and all--just pick their greens for them daily so your plants don't disappear.
    - Emily

Thanks

I would have the plants either in the kitchen if they can be housed indoors or on our balcony.. where the bunnies currently do not go. Thanks for giving me those names of the plants.. i will certainly look into finding some.

The lady with the lion head bunnies finally got back to me and is going to be sending me pictures soon and we plan to meet tonight ill be sure to share those photos when i get them. Im going to take Rain with me also so she can help me sex him/her.. wish me luck (not that i should need it lol)

Thanks

Ok, well she mailed me some pictures and they are just really fuzzy bunnies.. im glad i didnt make the trip all the way up there for it. Were still looking for Rains perfect friend in the meantime Darren (SO) has been playing "fetch" with the bunny.. he rolls the ball away and Rain rolls it back to him. of course as soon as i got the video recorder out she stopped

Any suggestions for toys? Im thinking about going and getting her some..

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Very cute bunny!!! I think she will be very happy and you should be able to find a little buddy for her soon.

~~ZinniaZ
    2.1.0 ball python-- James Herriot the Spider BP and Paradox, my son's female normal BP, Jack London, het red axanthic
    0.1 Blue Beauty-- Anna Sewall

Thanks

Here's a link I found for you. It has some pretty neat ideas for bunny toys.

http://www.rabbitweb.net/toys.asp
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

thank you!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast