Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,261

4 members and 3,257 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Bunny pictures + he has a name!

Here are a couple pictures...

we named him rain after the bald face paint horse on the movie spirit that was released back in 02' it was the movie i went to see when i met Darren. Unisex too which is a plus

Thanks

Re: Bunny pictures + he has a name!

Too cute! The name is cute too....all of these bunny posts makes me wish I could get a bunny....
    ~ Shannon

1.2 normal bp ~ Lilly (06) ~ Delilah (09) ~ Joey (06)
    1.0 cinnamon bp ~ Doughnut (08)
    1.0 mojave bp ~ Jay (08)
    0.1 pastel bp ~ Patsy (09)
    2.0 cats ~ Lil Bit (08) ~ Toby (08)

Thanks

So cute!
    0.1 ball python (Cleo), 0.1 surinam bcc (Carmen)
    1.0 sunglow motley corn (Jenson), 1.0 albino burmese (Lourdes)
    1.0 cat (Nicky), some mooses and ratters, 1.0 hubby (Rick)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,326 Times in 1,368 Posts
    Blog Entries

Aawww, what a cute face! I love the patterning too! I love buns!
    - Emily

Thanks

Of course I love buns too.. Rain was licking my feet this morning while i was getting ready for bed, she/he was frolicking, hopping and running around the vanity/bathroom last night.. it was sooo funny!

Ive been in contact with a lionhead bunny breeder, i might be able to pick one up tonight, holy moly.. buying "morph" bunnies are expensive lol.. they are going to help me confirm Rains gender and let us select a baby of the same sex (of course, i dont want babies!)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Two males may not get along together so you will want either 2 females or a pair. You can have them spayed or neutered to avoid any babies--males can be neutered fairly early. I have 2 females, but I will be getting them both spayed as soon as they are old enough because cancer of the reproductive system later in life is quite common but fixing them lowers the chances of this quite a bit.

When you introduce your new bunny make sure to do it in an area that Rain is not familiar with and has not established his territory in yet. Give treats and distractions and let them get the initial rumbling around together out of the way under your supervision. My girls chased eachother and wrestled around a bit (light biting is okay) but they settled down fairly quickly and by that evening they were grooming eachother and snuggling up together.
    - Emily

Thanks

Emily, I dont know how you do it but you have such a wonderful vast experience and knowledge with so many species of animals.. it truly is amazing. Im hoping the lady with the lion head bunnies doesnt flake on me, she hasnt returned an email yet this morning and she sounded so gungho last night... everything happens for a reason though and im sure the right friend for rain will come into our lives. Thank you again for your help, I will be sure to let you know how things go

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Ha well, thanks--I just read a lot and try to learn what I can from experience. If you do get a lionhead I definitely want to see some pics! (I'm sure that won't be an issue? )
    - Emily

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mlededee View Post
    Ha well, thanks--I just read a lot and try to learn what I can from experience. If you do get a lionhead I definitely want to see some pics! (I'm sure that won't be an issue? )
    lol.. me not take pictures (boy does that line ring a bell) of COURSE i will get some photos!!

I really wanted a minilop, perhaps even more then the lion head but CANNOT seem to find any in the south florida area.. from a breeder, although the lion heads are SO CUTE. there is somone on CL who has one but its 14wks old, she hs no pictures, no additional info on it and i would need to drive 1+hr to get to her house.. no way am i going to go that far for a bunny i havnt even seen. The wildlife care center down here was an option but they want you to pay $50 for a single bunny and most of them are older... i may be being a brat but i would like something i personally can raise up with our family, our children, our schedule exc instead of the alternative, although that route isnt totally ruled out yet. i might take ride down there and see what they have... i do like rescuing but i also like the idea of getting a baby bunny from someone who has personally hand raised (meaning with nursing mommy there of course) it with children (the breeder ive been in contact with) from strong healthy lines for the same price...

Thanks

when we were kids our bunnys had saltlicks.. i havnt noticed that on the websites i have visited, do they need the extra salt/sodium in their diet?

What kind of food (brand of pellet) do you feed yours emily?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast