Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,326

2 members and 3,324 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,534
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Need a name for my new rat!

Dinner?
    - Matt

Come here little guy. You're awfully cute and fluffy but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat

Thanks

Well, my blue hooded was named Mint (as in the Denver Mint) because my BF has a talent for finding coins. So any silver/blue rats are named after money somehow. So... Nickel?
    **Adriana - White 'N Nerdy!**

1.0 BP 'SunSpot', 0.1 Corn 'Freya', 1.0 IJ BTS 'Topaz', 1.0 ND bunny 'Licorice'

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beardedragon View Post
    Dinner?
    Lol nice . These are my breeders though so I don't think that would be appropriate necessarily . "Mother of dinner" might work a little better

What's the other females name? How about Gracie?
    The other girl is named Meg (after Meg on Family Guy). And we actually just added one more female from a friend of mine, she's a beaut all tan (or fawn?) and sweet as can be, she's named Whisper. I'll try and get some pics of her tonight after work.
    ~Adam~

BPs: 3.9 Normals, 1.0 Spider, 1.1 Pastels, 0.1 100% Het Hypo, 1.0 Cinnamon, 0.1 Pinstripe, 0.1 Albino 1.0 Bumblebee .
    Bloods: 0.1 Marter line red, 1.0 Het T+ albino red.
    Colubrids:1.1 Western Hogs, 0.0.1 Tri-Color Hognose, 1.0 Albino Cal King,

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anendeloflorien View Post
    Lol nice . These are my breeders though so I don't think that would be appropriate necessarily . "Mother of dinner" might work a little better
    LOL, my very first breeder rats were Kibbles and Bit and Bits. Kibbles was the male and sired at least 3 litters before he went on to enjoy retirement with another boy I just had to keep.

The "bits" were two female hoodeds and just total sweet hearts. We called them Black Bits and Tan Bits. Obviously named after their color. We still have Tan Bits today and she is getting up there in rat age. I think she may have one more litter and go permanently into the penthouse cage for retirement and socializing younger females.

Thanks

I had two males named Statler and Waldorf (the two guys in the balcony on the muppetts). Well, Waldorf had a girlfriend. Since statler and waldorf are NYC hotels i named the girlfriend Astoria (you know, Waldorf-Astoria hotel.)
    I name all my rats on what they do. I have a black dumbo with a white tummy who loves to climb on the top of her cage, so at night all you see is this white spot flashing like morse code. I named her Ninja
    I have a dumbo albino boy who does the same thing, his name is Sasuke (japanese for ninja warrior).
    I have one BIG sweet albino i who is named brutis.
    I have one that's all black who likes to build things and make beds.. i named him Bob, after bob the builder.
    I have one male who has a black face with a small white diagonal line going across his forehead. He is named Potter (after harry potter).
    One male who has a black spot over one eye, but the rest is white. He is named Phantom (after phantom of the Opera).
    I have a girl who is tan and white, her name is creamcicle.
    One girl who is a patchwork, i named her Row (after Rogaine).
    One girl who i got and she was pregnant when i got her at 5 weeks. I used to have a coworker who was pregnant at 14, and then pregnant at 18 so i named the rat after her, Vanessa.
    Then i have one all brown rex. My fiance named her Fergie... i don't know why.

My old rats were Snare, because a snare drum goes "RAT-a-tat-tat."
    And Snare tried to ear a little girl rat and she was really frazzled.... so we named her Frazzle.

With all my rats i like to have them do something that brings up the name, otehrwise i forget the name, lol.

Thanks

My first 2 females were Snow White and Ariel

My male was Earl (after the Dixie Chicks song) because he was a bit bossy and rough.

I had one of my breeder females bite me once and her name became Snakefood.

Now I have too many females to name so I just name the males and right now I have Earl II and Homer.
    Laurie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whytepizza View Post
    One girl who i got and she was pregnant when i got her at 5 weeks. I used to have a coworker who was pregnant at 14, and then pregnant at 18 so i named the rat after her, Vanessa.
    T.
    I think I may have worked with that very same Vanessa . . . LOL!
    Laurie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12