Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,962

0 members and 2,962 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

View Poll Results: Have you been bit by your BP?

Voters
3200. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, more than once

734 22.94%
  • Yes, but only once

580 18.13%
  • Never and I've had at least one BP for over a year

682 21.31%
  • Never but I've only had my BP for less than a year

1,204 37.63%
Page 11 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: POLL: Have you been bit by a BP?

Man, I'm going to skew the results... because we've only had our 2 bp's for a little over 2 months...

Never been bit (thank goodness!). We have a 200g spider who is a very good eater but is very easy to handle. Not head shy, very easy going, only does the head snap when a fast movement goes over his head, his way of saying, "whoa, what was that?". Our 700g pastel though, she is moody. She's very head shy and goes off feed when something is not perfect. She has gotten more tolerant though after 2 months in our house. I had a post earlier about our "bath fiasco" and that was the only time she actually struck at my son but my son was super quick to close the glass doors so she struck the glass and not the hand. Basically, I thought she would like a bath in the bathtub but she hated it, spazzed out, and struck. My son though, he tells me, she's not in a good mood, Mom... so I won't take her out then, I wait for my husband to do it. I've learned to watch her moods now too, so I can tell when she's not happy now. I know it's cool to have that spider who is game for anything but I'm kinda glad we have that moody pastel too because she's teaching me how to read snake moods.

I would really really really really hate to get bit by the snake... which sounds crazy when I have been nicked numerous times by my African Gray parrot. It's just the idea of getting bit by a snake that has that psychological effect, I guess. If I have read the results of this poll 2 months ago, I would probably never let my husband bring home that ball python (see, I told you they bite a lot!). But now, if ever one of us would get bit, it would probably be just a... okay now, what did you do??? Just like when the kids would get bit by the hamsters...
    ----------------------------------
    BP owner since Oct 2008, so yeah, I'm no expert.
    0.1.0 pastel bp
    1.0.0 spider bp
    0.1.0 albino bp
    1.0.0 bumblebee bp
    1.0.0 yellowbelly bp
    0.0.1 normal bp
    1.0.0 normal western hognose

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Fairfax, Virginia; Originally from San Antonio, Texas.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anatess View Post
    Man, I'm going to skew the results... because we've only had our 2 bp's for a little over 2 months...

Never been bit (thank goodness!). We have a 200g spider who is a very good eater but is very easy to handle. Not head shy, very easy going, only does the head snap when a fast movement goes over his head, his way of saying, "whoa, what was that?". Our 700g pastel though, she is moody. She's very head shy and goes off feed when something is not perfect. She has gotten more tolerant though after 2 months in our house. I had a post earlier about our "bath fiasco" and that was the only time she actually struck at my son but my son was super quick to close the glass doors so she struck the glass and not the hand. Basically, I thought she would like a bath in the bathtub but she hated it, spazzed out, and struck. My son though, he tells me, she's not in a good mood, Mom... so I won't take her out then, I wait for my husband to do it. I've learned to watch her moods now too, so I can tell when she's not happy now. I know it's cool to have that spider who is game for anything but I'm kinda glad we have that moody pastel too because she's teaching me how to read snake moods.

I would really really really really hate to get bit by the snake... which sounds crazy when I have been nicked numerous times by my African Gray parrot. It's just the idea of getting bit by a snake that has that psychological effect, I guess. If I have read the results of this poll 2 months ago, I would probably never let my husband bring home that ball python (see, I told you they bite a lot!). But now, if ever one of us would get bit, it would probably be just a... okay now, what did you do??? Just like when the kids would get bit by the hamsters...
    -Giggles.- I'm glad that you didn't read this thread before hand.

I think that most people who've been bitten will openly say that their being bitten was completely their fault. Most(not all) ball pythons strike out in fear or confusion. You smell like food, I'm going to bite you too when I'm hungry. -Grins.-
    Melanie Ryan Seals

2.2 Royal Pythons; Hadrian(het. albino), Lucius(het. hypo), Ophelia(normal) and Regan(het. albino).
    1.0 Homo sapien boyfriendidus; Nick AKA Daddy.s

Thanks

They are usually to scared to bite me, because they know i bite back..... Kidding, i too have been bitten on more than one occasion! Its usually more a suprise than anything brutal.

Thanks

I've only been bitten once by a ball python, and it was when I picked him up too soon after he ate to put him back in his enclosure. This was years ago, though. I haven't been bitten by any snake recently.
    flickr
    Reptiles: 0.1 Colombian BCI

Thanks

When I first got my ball he took a few swings at me, but never connected. He has become much more calm now. My Cal King on the other hand bites me HARD every chance he gets.
    - Dave Harms - www.wax32.com | Pinstripe, Yellow Belly, Sulfur, Cinnamon ph G-Stripe, Pastel het Hypo | Pastel, Fire, Albino, Mojave, Lesser Platinum ph G-Stripe, Pastel ph G-Stripe, het G-Stripe, het Hypo, het Piebald, Pastel Yellowbelly

Ridgecrest, California...Gateway to Death Valley!
    Thanks

Ironically I just got Bit 2 days ago for the first time in years.

Thanks

My first bp tagged me when I wasn't careful enough during feeding.. she just missed on the rat, and let go the second she realised it was my thumb she got. :p She's craaazy about food.

Thanks

I have 28 ball pythons now. I have not been bit yet. It has been close a couple times. "Knock on Wood"

Thanks

i have never been bit, but just recently i tried "pre scenting" before feeding and my snake started stirking at me like crazy. i guess i shouldnt of done that since he has never had a problem feeding before.

Thanks

yeah I have a few that will tag me when they get the chance!!
    WHITEMARSH BALL PYTHONS
    CAPTIVE BRED BY GREGORY J HALL

CHECKOUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL BELOW ALL BP's
    http://www.youtube.com/user/GREGORYJHALL
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/White...88827331178640
    410-206-9781

Page 11 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161 ... LastLast