Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,572

1 members and 2,571 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus

View Poll Results: Have you been bit by your BP?

Voters
3200. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, more than once

734 22.94%
  • Yes, but only once

580 18.13%
  • Never and I've had at least one BP for over a year

682 21.31%
  • Never but I've only had my BP for less than a year

1,204 37.63%
Page 10 of 83 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: POLL: Have you been bit by a BP?

Quote Originally Posted by mykee View Post
    I think that this "poll" is inaccurate in the sense that it does not determine how many or how long you've been working with ball pythons; do you have one ball python, and has it bitten you every time you touch it, or do you have three ball pythons and only been bit twice in the year you've owned them.

I fall into the "In any given year over the last ten, I've had between 100-250 ball pythons in my care, and my ratio of being bit to not being bit is 0.00001% of the time I handle them.
    Agreed, some have given some insight into their "dealings". Mine, with BPs, have come once this week, young 3 month old, always timid and docile, is starting shed. Tap on enclosure to say I'm coming, went to clean up and fill the water dish and a nip. Totally my fault as he was in his hide and saw my fat fingers and scared him into defense. Two minutes later he is in my hands for a shed check, no worries.

The other for me was my brother's BP adult. Rarely handled, bad environment with noise, activity and odd light times. Definitely a defense bite as this snake is easily spooked. Tried to adopt him a few years back, but no avail...

So two times in the span of 10 years of exposure to BPs. However I did not own one until recently, but handled one or more weekly.

Glad this was not a post on how many times bitten by reptiles... Catching water snakes when I was a kid, that gave me my quota.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts

My only bites have come from a CBB corn hatchling(more like he started chewing on my hand than striking at it), just about a month old, and wild snakes.

Been bit certainly more than 20 times by wild snakes(luckily no venomous bites), never really kept count.

Thanks

I have been bit a few times by babies, always when taking them out. I know I could hook them but want them used to hands coming in and a baby bite is nothing.
    1.0 50% het clown 1.0 50% het lavender 2.6 normal bp 1.0 normal poss axanthic 1.0 het pied bp 1.0 yellow belly 1.0 mojave bp 2.0 spider bp 2.1 pastel bp1.1 Cinnamon bp
    7.0 corns - normal motley stripe het snow,anery a het hypo, snow, red candy cane, motley stripe orange candy cane, anery motley possible ghost , butter motley 0.6 corns -amel,high white amel,creamsicle,ghost, snow, orange candy cane 1.0 albino jungle corn, 1.0 mexican black king, 1.0 california king, 1.0 milk snake 0.1 kenyan sand boa 0.1 dummerils boa 1.1 bci normal, 0.1 pastel bci,0.1 kahl albino bci,1.0 salmon het kahl albino bci, 0.1 guatamalan boa 0.1 hogg island boa 1.0 JCP 0.1 woma python 3.0 leos-normal,blizzard,rw albino,rw b blizzard 0.7 leos-normal,hypo tangerine,mack snow,albino, rwb blizzard,raptor, rw albino 0.1 C. Turneri (thick toed gecko)1.1 crested gecko0.1rose hair T. 0.0.1 black emporer scorpion
    1.0 beardie

http://kryptonianreptiles.webs.com Kryptonian Reptiles now on Facebook

Thanks

I've been tagged a few times by young ones and once by a large adult female. A few weeks back, I put a live rat in with an adult female and after a little while, when she didn't eat I went to pull the rat out. The rat was running around the water bowl, so I put my hand in the tub to block the path of the rat while I reached in with my other hand to grab the rat. The blocking hand was bit. I jumped about three feet into the air because I was not expecting it.

It was my own fault. I smelled like rat and put my warm and toasty hand into the tub without even looking to see where the snake was sitting. It didn't hurt that much when it happened but did bleed quite a lot. Now, if I have to pull a rat out of a snake rack, I use padded tongs to get a hold on the base of the rat's tail, then quickly pull them out - while keeping an eye on the snake.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I have 3 bp's at the moment. the other 2 I only aqcuired recently. This one female, I've kept for 6 years, had bit me twice. Once around 2 years ago, and once recently . Both times, it was my mistake. She was hungry, I just handled a rat, and you know the rest lol. it didn't hurt much more that an adult rat bite though

Thanks

I have a stressy mojo who bites me every chance he gets. I'm pretty good about not getting bitten but it happens *shrug*. Bites are nothing, though. They are a little scary, especially at first, but it's just easier to get over it and realize that nothing these snakes can do to you is really any kind of big deal. Bigger snakes are a different story, obviously.
    http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/signaturepics/sigpic6096_1.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by BT41042 View Post
    Your going to Hell

Thanks

I can actually vote yes in this poll. I got my first tag last night. It was a cheap tag while giving a little girl water, i didnt even know until i seen the very tiny red blood spec.
    Rich

Thanks

i have not been bitten yet but im looking forward to it lmao
    joe

Thanks

I've been bit quite a bit, mostly by little ones. I also get bit by my Gopher Snakes on a daily basis haha.

Thanks

I got a bite once, from an otherwise peaceful male... I was playing with my cat and didn't wash my hands properly. Then opened the BP's terrarium for maintenance and... Very, very painful bite, very surprising.

Page 10 of 83 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast