Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,692

0 members and 2,692 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable

Thread: Breeding group

Thanks

Breeding group

Thought id share these,

Females-

This is Pickle, my light colored hooded. I really love her color

This is Peach fuzz, my favorite! Needs a little hand tameing but I hold her every chance I get!

Here is Pearl, very pretty color. I think ive read that her color is Homo lethal so i'll need to make sure that I do not breed any other rats of the same color to her. Correct me if im wrong! She is also a mother of 15, She had them the night I got her

And last but not least of the females here is Pepper. Loves the camera! She might be pregnant.

Males-

Here is Fatso, he is a HUGE dumbo albino rex! I think trey mintioned that he is a proven breeder so i expect good things out of him

I also have another male that looks like Pepper, exept much bigger.

How do I know that they are breeding?
    - Matt

Come here little guy. You're awfully cute and fluffy but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat

Thanks

Re: Breeding group

picture of the litter-

- Matt

Come here little guy. You're awfully cute and fluffy but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat

Thanks

Withen 2-3 weeks of being with the male they will look like they swallowed a soft ball. Are your hairless good moms? I heard that they are bad moms.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stangs13 View Post
    Withen 2-3 weeks of being with the male they will look like they swallowed a soft ball. Are your hairless good moms? I heard that they are bad moms.
    Im not sure yet, I just got them. She is a double rex, not a hairless also

Hopefully she is, I love her to death and would love alot of ugly babys from her!
    - Matt

Thanks

Your pearl girl is MOST likely a beige or very poor fawn.

Good looking crew other wise!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beardedragon View Post
    Im not sure yet, I just got them. She is a double rex, not a hairless also

Hopefully she is, I love her to death and would love alot of ugly babys from her!
    Yup I saw the Wiskers..LOL! But double rexes are basicly hairless. So that might apply. Where's becky!?

Thanks

I honestly would not breed the hairless. Yes, she is hairless, just a poor quality one(cute, but poor quality). She may end not not being able to birth correctly, may not lactate, etc.

Hairless rats(and the other rats) don't do well on pine. It's dusty and will stink very quickly. Try aspen and either some of the Equine Fresh in the bottom or Yesterday's News(newspaper pellets). They all look like they need a bath, look a bit greasy.

Oh, and I hope you're not just feeding them dog food. They need an actual Rodent diet to be able to thrive.
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Thanks

They are on aspen Becky, and the hairless is just under 230 grams so could that be why? I know that i need to separate her until she gains another 50 or so grams and I am doing that today.

Im not sure about the greasy part, they do not look like it in person? Maybe my photo taking stills are causing it? Now that you mentioned it my camera makes everything look a little yellow, which could be why you thought it was pine and not aspen(Premier pets brand)?

Ive also been meaning to ask, i think ive heard of you using Dustoff to prekill or before you freeze rodents. Im not 100% sure that it was you that said it so that is why I am asking now if that is ok to do?
    - Matt

Thanks

Ok, ive got my hairless and the one with babys in a 20 gallon. if they are pregnant I dont think one back to back breeding will hurt as long as I do not do it again.
    - Matt

Thanks

Cute rats. I should take some pictures of my rat kids. Today is cage cleaning day so thats what I'm off to do now. I'll take some pics later today of all mine. hehe.

Oh and I love your hairless. She's adorable. I especially like the first female. What is she exactly? I know she's hooded, but what is the color?
    Under Construction.....