Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,924

2 members and 2,922 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Funny How Things Work Out

Well as some of you know we had decided to break down an adopt a kitten soon. I'd gone out and bought all the basic kitten needs - litter box, litter, bowls, food, etc. I'd contacted a couple of people with kittens and so forth.

Now where we live there are tons of feral cats dumped off by rotten people when they move out or don't want to be bothered anymore. Most of them are born feral or quickly become wild and won't let you anywhere near them. We've even tried to rescue a few but without a live humane trap, you just can't get near them.

Well this morning Mike had our dog out in the yard for her pee and out from under the bushes comes a gorgeous all black young male cat. Obviously thin but obviously not born feral. Despite repeated happy, over excited dog barking this little guy was absolutely DETERMINED to get to Mike and kept working his way around big, goofy Bella (she likes cats, but is just too over excited about them). Finally Mike brought Bella in and when he went back outside, the little guy was waiting there for him.

So I guess fate decided we needed a little all black male cat (he does have one very tiny spot of white on his lower belly). I guess the time was just right.

Here's Mike with the newly named Sebastian moment after bringing him in the house. He doesn't look bad in these pictures but he's actually quite thin and was so filthy to the touch poor thing.

Right after these pictures Sebastian had a good meal (he was soooo hungry) then later a bath and his ears cleaned. My gawd he has the dirtiest ears I've ever personally seen. BLECH Next will be his frontline flea treatment and a worming. As soon as he's fully dry we'll get some more pictures of him. He was incredibly good natured about the insult of a bath, eyes and ears done, and all the burrs picked out of his tail. Not one scratch on us!

He's got his appointment at the clinic for shots and a neutering and then we'll be all set.

The sort of freaky thing is....I woke up from a dream yesterday with the name Sebastian in my mind for a cat...must have been dreaming about a cat I guess. After we got this kitten all sorted out I asked Mike what he'd like to name it and he says..."I think he looks like a Sebastian!" Now that's just odd. We hadn't discussed cats names, neither of us have ever owned a cat by this name or even know a cat by this name. Kind of one funny isn't it.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Re: Funny How Things Work Out

Wow, how's that for timing. He looks like a very sweet cat. Kudos to you for taking him in.

April
    My art gallery (herp related) http://cerulean-serpent.deviantart.com/

Thanks

That's such a good story Jo! Life does always seem to work out when we least expect it. Sebastian is going to be in such a loving and warm family!

Do I get Paid for this??? LadyOhh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,115 Times in 1,073 Posts
    Blog Entries

Awesome story, Jo...

Absolutely heart warming to know that this baby walked into your life like that..

Congratulations
    Heather Wong
    I AM the Wonginator
    Heather's Herps Website
    READ MY BLOG!!!
    Balls for Life, Baby!!!

Thanks

Aww, congrats! I had an black kitty when I was high school, Solomon. =)
    0.1 ball python (Cleo), 0.1 surinam bcc (Carmen)
    1.0 sunglow motley corn (Jenson), 1.0 albino burmese (Lourdes)
    1.0 cat (Nicky), some mooses and ratters, 1.0 hubby (Rick)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Wasn't the black cat in that sitcom about witches several years ago named Sebastion also? He's beautiful! Congratulations on crossing over to the kitty side!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,322 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Blog Entries

Aaaaw, I love black kitties! How awesome that he picked you! I have 2 black kitties that I adopted basically the same way--they were dumped at the apartment complex I used to live in and they came right to me while I was outside and followed me up to my apartment. I'm so glad he found you--he sounds like a total sweetheart.
    - Emily

Thanks

Congrats! I love black kitties!

Thanks

Thanks everyone!

there is a kitten out there for you Jo!!!

don't fight the urge any longer!

go...go and find your new kitty!!!
    A quote from MeMe in her recent kitty thread. Guess we didn't have to find him MeMe, he literally found Mike LOL. I'm still amazed that any cat in this neighbourhood would come up to a stranger like that. It's not a cat friendly place, and it's over run with some very nasty feral cats. Sebastian's very lucky that he didn't have a run in with Satan (the boss tom of this area, a huge black and white VERY mean tom that I nicknamed Satan for his incredible mean attitude and freaky yowling growl). That cat will kill kittens and beats up every male cat in the area.

We're very happy with this little guy. Bella the Lab is adjusting though she's just very hyper about the new cat so we're keeping a close eye on that and keeping her mostly on lead in the house. I don't think she'd mean to hurt him but she's just big and goofy. So far Sebastian isn't showing a bit of fear of her and has already given her a couple of swats for shoving her nose too close. He's found a couple of good bolt holes to head for if Bella gets too pushy.

I think we are in kitty love!
    ~~Joanna~~

Do I get Paid for this??? LadyOhh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,115 Times in 1,073 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rabernet View Post
    Wasn't the black cat in that sitcom about witches several years ago named Sebastion also? He's beautiful! Congratulations on crossing over to the kitty side!!!!!
    That was Salem
    Heather Wong
    I AM the Wonginator
    Heather's Herps Website
    READ MY BLOG!!!
    Balls for Life, Baby!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast