Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,148

3 members and 3,145 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42

Thread: black back

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

black back

today i seen a wild caught black back for 40 dollars.problem is it had mites.should i get this for the good price and take care of the mites or stay away from it?

Thanks

Re: black back

Unless you've done a lot of research regarding the care of WC snakes, I would urge you to stay away from this one. They are very challenging to feed and care for.

~~McKinsey~~
    "Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
    ~The Little Prince; Antoine de Saint Exupery

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

poo!i thought so.there was actually 2 i had my eyes on.the black back had a very dark back with dots all the way down it and the other was a reduced pattern.they had about 20 bps in a 29 gallon tank and the 2 i held both had mites.3 others had horrible sheds.the place smells to high heaven but i really wanted these guys or gals i dunno

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Butters420 View Post
    poo!i thought so.there was actually 2 i had my eyes on.the black back had a very dark back with dots all the way down it and the other was a reduced pattern.they had about 20 bps in a 29 gallon tank and the 2 i held both had mites.3 others had horrible sheds.the place smells to high heaven but i really wanted these guys or gals i dunno
    Well if the place smells then you would be buying a pile a poo if you bought one.My advice STAY AWAY from that dump
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

Exclamation Re: black back

Stay away and call animal control or something. Seems like the animals are suffering to me
    You can lick em, and lick em, and lick em, and they never get any smaller ~Willie Wonka

What were you thinkin?

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

lol they are animal control.i was in there today and they had to go get a red tail from a dumpster.and also it turns out they didnt have mites.it was just a bug that was flyin around and landed on her.the smell was from a 20 foot retic that i didnt know was there.that thing can lay some bombs now.as for there being alot of clustered bps yes they are def bunched up pretty good but ill tell you this.they have the most amazing normal balls ive seen.i had to buy one.im sorry for not takin advise but i just had to.i have it qt'ed right now but i snapped some photos to show.

i love this lil girl and im pulling for her to be a good pet and eater with no probs.if i do run into some bad things im gonna learn by hands on.the way i look at it,its better someone with a passion for the hobby and resources like this forum and others should be the ones caring for these wild caught or hatched snakes.i would rather try my you know wat off to get this girl in good shape instead of it being bunched with those others and possibly someone not as ready to do wat it takes to care for it buying it and dying.and who knows it could be a perfect snake as is,we shall see next monday if she eats

Thanks

Best of luck to you! No better way to learn then First hand..

Thanks

so how do you know if its wild caught if animal controle has it?
    possibilities of them getting a bunch of babies in like that is weird unless they busted some one... =]

but a very pretty snake you have there =]
    2.0 Ball Pythons
    0.1 Red Tail Boas
    1.4 Rabbits
    0.1 German Shepherd

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

ok ill clarify.it is a exotic pet store and when the people of the town have a reptile problem they come to the rescue.they had two tanks with bps,one was captive bred they breed and they buy wild as well.the captive come garunteed.they specialize in corn snakes and milk snakes but im not to into them but if i was wow,they have a ton.its in a lower class area so wild caught is really all some can afford.i coulda bought a cap but these wild are just awsome imo.im not sure if its a black back but it comes close enough for me.

Thanks

ha, ight lol
    2.0 Ball Pythons
    0.1 Red Tail Boas
    1.4 Rabbits
    0.1 German Shepherd