Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,761

0 members and 2,761 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

Thread: Goodbye Hudson

Thanks

Goodbye Hudson

Some of you may remember my thread about my cat Hudson who had bladder issues this past winter... Well, after the PU surgery he had been fine, we thought we'd have a long happy life with him.

Well... I've been mostly off line for a few days. I thought I might as well update.

Until today I owned three wonderful cats. Hudson, the bratty boy of the group had been acting under the weather a few days (two to be exact) but not SERIOUSLY under the weather (and his peeing was normal,he was eating, just a bit...slower then usual and now thinking back on it his bathing habits were seriously less then they'd been). I figured I'd better get him an appointment and was planning on doing so in the morning. I came home to find him unconscious and unresponsive. Before I was able to get through to an emergency vet he'd convulsed twice and was gone...
    My animals are very important to me. I'm kicking myself so much for not just taking him in the moment I thought he seemed off. I still am shocked at how a little under the weather turned into this.
    I'm having him cremated... the apartment is far too quiet without him. I keep looking for him. When I open the door to come in after work I look and see if he's with Cooper and Shiloh to beg for dinner, and when I turn on the shower I keep expecting him to run up and watch the water run like he did. And before bed is the hardest because he's the only cat I ever knew that would give kisses. I miss him a lot.
    My two other boys have an appointment on Wednesday to get checked out, they're acting fine but I wouldn't be in very good shape if I lost another one especially with Ryan on deployment.

So, that's where I disappeared to.

Thanks

Re: Goodbye Hudson

Awwww Mel, I'm so sorry to read about his passing. It's so hard to lose an old friend like this but it's not unusual for older cats to suddenly go down fast like this. Robin just went through it and my old female cat went like that too. She wasn't bad for an old cat one day and obviously critically ill the next. I spent a lot of time kicking my butt for missing something but in the end, the best you can really do, the best tribute to them, is to remember and appreciate wonderful years they share our lives.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Bad thing is he wasn't old. Hudson would be two this fall. Thank you for the wonderful message though.

Thanks

I'm so sorry Mel. It's always hard to lose a beloved pet. My thoughts are with you.
    Christie
    Reptile Geek

Cause when push comes to shove you taste what you're made of
    You might bend, till you break cause its all you can take
    On your knees you look up decide you've had enough
    You get mad you get strong wipe your hands shake it off
    Then you Stand

Thanks

So sorry for your loss of Hudson.
    I lost my only kitty in January and she loved water too! She always came running when she heard the shower or the washing machine.
    Karen
    WAKARUSA 2011

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    Some of you may remember my thread about my cat Hudson who had bladder issues this past winter... Well, after the PU surgery he had been fine, we thought we'd have a long happy life with him.

Well... I've been mostly off line for a few days. I thought I might as well update.

Until today I owned three wonderful cats. Hudson, the bratty boy of the group had been acting under the weather a few days (two to be exact) but not SERIOUSLY under the weather (and his peeing was normal,he was eating, just a bit...slower then usual and now thinking back on it his bathing habits were seriously less then they'd been). I figured I'd better get him an appointment and was planning on doing so in the morning. I came home to find him unconscious and unresponsive. Before I was able to get through to an emergency vet he'd convulsed twice and was gone...
    My animals are very important to me. I'm kicking myself so much for not just taking him in the moment I thought he seemed off. I still am shocked at how a little under the weather turned into this.
    I'm having him cremated... the apartment is far too quiet without him. I keep looking for him. When I open the door to come in after work I look and see if he's with Cooper and Shiloh to beg for dinner, and when I turn on the shower I keep expecting him to run up and watch the water run like he did. And before bed is the hardest because he's the only cat I ever knew that would give kisses. I miss him a lot.
    My two other boys have an appointment on Wednesday to get checked out, they're acting fine but I wouldn't be in very good shape if I lost another one especially with Ryan on deployment.

So, that's where I disappeared to.
    O no .So sorry for your loss
    Joe Haggard

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Melissa,

It's never easy not matter the age. Having just said goodbye recently to my last kitty, I feel your sorrow.

Thanks

Thank you guys. It was just so sudden and... well I really miss him. I will be getting his ashes back sometime this week.