Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,743

0 members and 2,743 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

How Dreams are Made

Recently I had the mind blowing opportunity to visit BHB and meet Brian Barcyzk. It was beyond anything I ever imagined. The most touching moment was when Brian put into my hands what has always been my personal dream snake - a Caramel Albino. In that moment, I clearly remembered a day a few years back and a website I'd followed a link to. How a dream was born with a single picture of a beautiful Caramel Glow on NERD's website.

I remember yelling for Mike, telling him he had to come see what a ball python could look like - being amazed and not quite believing my eyes. Then I looked at the two normal female ball pythons we had as pets and a dream began. All from that single picture from Kara and culminating recently in the kindness of Brian to take the time to let some lady he never met, hold for a moment, her dream.

So thank you Brian for that moment and thank you Kara for that picture. One of you started a dream, another gave me the boost to keep going and perhaps one day produce one of our own.

For now though, here's the three little snakes that currently hold a lot of our dreams....

This is Torin, an 07 Male 100& Het Pied produced at 8BallPythons. Thank you Adam for handpicking this gorgeous snake for our family, my poor photography skills do him little justice.

This is Liam, an 07 Male Cinnamon Pastel produced by BHB. Thank you Brian for walking Mike and I through the decision to add this lovely snake to our breeding plans and for the fantastic choice of Cinnies you offered us to choose from.

Last but never least, this is Pandora. She's an 07 Female Pastel produced by Becky Brown. Becky she's doing so well and still holding her lovely look. I literally smile wide every time I slide open her tub and think what a wonderful future we are planning for this great girl.

So thanks folks for putting up with a bit of a sappy picture thread but with the our first hatchlings in the rack and the next clutch poking their heads out, I'm in thinking back/thinking forward kinda mood. Mike and I would not be here today with these dreams and these snakes if not for the inspiration of some, the help of many and the continuing support of our friends and the wonderful membership of BPNet.

What a wonderful year 2008 is turning out to be.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Re: How Dreams are Made

They're all gorgeous Jo! I wish you the best of luck in whatever you hatch out and help grow up with your own two hands.

Pandora looks GREAT! I'm so glad that I can watch her grow up and that she's in a wonderful home. I hope I can hatch out some this year that look like her

*BIG HUGS!*
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Thanks

Some good looking bps there, good luck with them!
    Scott Collien

Sputnik's Reptiles

Thanks
    Thanked 1,370 Times in 943 Posts

Keep the dream alive Jo. Love your snakes

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Jo - they are ALL hot, but for some reason, I adore Torin! He's just a great looking animal! Thanks for sharing their pictures with us!

Thanks

This is a really nice post! Pretty snakes...Pandora is hot!

Thanks

very nice. The dream lives!!! I feel like the only one who hasn't made the trip up to bhb now...

Justin
    J. Kobylka Reptiles Website
    Check out the 2013 JKR incubator!

Warning:
    Snakes have been shown to cause death in laboratory rats.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by West Coast Jungle View Post
    I am never really good with the sappy threads, but I think Raul said it best, and I couldn't rephrase it any better.

Congrats Jo.
    Tim Bailey
    (A.K.A. MBM or Art Pimp)
    www.baileyreptiles.com
    The Blog

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Jo what a better way to spend your time than living a dream. I tell you what no matter how large or small your collection those that really love thier animals and this hobby always show through. Jo your no exception.

Best of luck with all that you have going.
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SatanicIntention View Post
    They're all gorgeous Jo! I wish you the best of luck in whatever you hatch out and help grow up with your own two hands.

Pandora looks GREAT! I'm so glad that I can watch her grow up and that she's in a wonderful home. I hope I can hatch out some this year that look like her

*BIG HUGS!*
    I'm hoping that Pandora's parents produce more like her. I'll be running to the front of that line!

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    Some good looking bps there, good luck with them!
    Thanks so much. We love them all but this trio as well as Malachi, our Het Albino from 8BallPythons and Riordan, the YellowBelly are all that more special to us.

Quote Originally Posted by West Coast Jungle View Post
    Thanks Raul! Love yours too!

Quote Originally Posted by rabernet View Post
    Jo - they are ALL hot, but for some reason, I adore Torin! He's just a great looking animal! Thanks for sharing their pictures with us!
    Thanks Robin. Torin is just getting better and better with each shed. He was a gorgeous baby and is developing into quite a nice youngster. He's a typical 8Ball snake - eats like they are about to outlaw rats tomorrow LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by OhBalls View Post
    This is a really nice post! Pretty snakes...Pandora is hot!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jkobylka View Post
    very nice. The dream lives!!! I feel like the only one who hasn't made the trip up to bhb now...

Justin
    You need to see the place Justin. It was like going into morph shock for me. I'm surprised I didn't get whiplash trying to see everything all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by muddoc View Post
    I am never really good with the sappy threads, but I think Raul said it best, and I couldn't rephrase it any better.

Congrats Jo.
    I'm a chick, we're good with sappy threads LOL. Thanks to you as well Tim for being there lately, along with Kara too, on the other end of a phone line to help a nervous newbie breeder. Something that's always impressed me about this snake world is how giving the experienced folks are to us newcomers.

Quote Originally Posted by Freakie_frog View Post
    Jo what a better way to spend your time than living a dream. I tell you what no matter how large or small your collection those that really love thier animals and this hobby always show through. Jo your no exception.

Best of luck with all that you have going.
    Awww you're making me go all misty eyed Ed. I do love these snakes and as I was telling Kara recently, I love watching how through keeping snakes our whole family can share a passion. We all have our own parts of this that we like more than others, but in the end, it feels like a future that maybe Mike and I can pass along to the kids one day.
    ~~Joanna~~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast