Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,726

2 members and 2,724 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull

View Poll Results: how much have you paid for a ball python morph?

Voters
1522. You may not vote on this poll
  • $100 or less

199 13.07%
  • $100-$500

573 37.65%
  • $500-$1000

317 20.83%
  • $1,000-$2,000

225 14.78%
  • $3,000-$5,000

90 5.91%
  • $5,000-$8,000

41 2.69%
  • $8,000-$10,000

9 0.59%
  • $10,000 or more

52 3.42%
  • other???

16 1.05%
Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: How much have you paid for ball python morph?

I have yet to pay for one. Well not in money anyway. I traded web work for mine so I chose "other".

BPnet Senior Member Brandon Osborne's Avatar
    Thanks

$3800 for a pair of het pieds in '03. First year's (05) production gave me 4 pieds and 5-66% hets. The next year (06) gave me 4 more pieds and 4 more 66% hets.

I also paid $3500 for a pos. het albino chondro a couple of years ago. Hopefully the sire to my animal will prove out this year.

Brandon
    Brandon Osborne

Like Osborne Reptiles on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/osbornereptiles
    Take a look at our website!
    www.osbornereptiles.com

Thanks

Well, I'm still fairly new to the game but the most I've put down for a single morph is $450 for my spider this year from NERD. Yeah I could have gotten him for less from somewhere else but not anywhere near the quality! Plus I got the added benefit of him having a few low % possible hets! I'm gonna be putting him in with quite a few ladies down the road and we'll see what proves out. I'm really hoping he proves to be het ghost cuz I want some Honeybees!
    ~Adam~

BPs: 3.9 Normals, 1.0 Spider, 1.1 Pastels, 0.1 100% Het Hypo, 1.0 Cinnamon, 0.1 Pinstripe, 0.1 Albino 1.0 Bumblebee .
    Bloods: 0.1 Marter line red, 1.0 Het T+ albino red.
    Colubrids:1.1 Western Hogs, 0.0.1 Tri-Color Hognose, 1.0 Albino Cal King,

Thanks

I paid $800 for my adult female Amir Line YB. That's the highest so far. I paid $600 for a 780 gram female Spider (no wobbles that I can tell), $450 for a 600gram male Pinstripe, $550 for a 550 gram Mojave male, and $500 for a 76 gram Spotnose male. Those are definitely my most expensive BPs...so far.
    Other Herps:
    6.20 Bearded Dragons (Hypos, Trans, Leathebacks, Reds, etc.), 1.1 Knob Tail Geckos
    Other:
    0.1 Mini American Eskimos, 1.0 Chihuahuas, 0.1 Terrier Mixes, 1.0 Chihuahua/Toy Fox Terrier Mixes
    1.0 Double Rex, 0.1 Beige Ruby Eyed Dumbo, 0.1 Hairless PEW

Thanks

$25, female normal, LOL

The most I would spend on a morph would be ~$1000, no more. Anything I wanted that cost more than $1000 I would just wait until the prices drop. From what I've seen in this thread prices can go from many thousands to a few hundred in a couple years.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anendeloflorien View Post
    Well, I'm still fairly new to the game but the most I've put down for a single morph is $450 for my spider this year from NERD. Yeah I could have gotten him for less from somewhere else but not anywhere near the quality!

Adam, I respectfully have to disagree. A spider is a spider is a spider. Some big breeders charge what they do because they know someone will buy from them just for the name. If you put that spider in a tub with 100 other spiders, I bet you couldn't tell the difference. Many "big" breeders don't even produce half the low end morphs they sell.....it's not worth their trouble. Just keep your thoughts in the back of your mind when you are producing animals of your own. How will you feel if your potential customers are buying other spiders for 2x what you are asking....because yours are "not anywhere near the quality" of the big guys? A small name does not mean inferior quality. I'm not trying to sound offensive. I'm just trying to point out you'll be in the same situation some day. No disrespect to NERD, but please try not to disrespect the little guys either. Afterall, I'm pretty sure all spiders originally came from NERD.
    Brandon Osborne

www.osbornereptiles.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Osborne View Post
    Adam, I respectfully have to disagree. A spider is a spider is a spider. Some big breeders charge what they do because they know someone will buy from them just for the name. If you put that spider in a tub with 100 other spiders, I bet you couldn't tell the difference. Many "big" breeders don't even produce half the low end morphs they sell.....it's not worth their trouble. Just keep your thoughts in the back of your mind when you are producing animals of your own. How will you feel if your potential customers are buying other spiders for 2x what you are asking....because yours are "not anywhere near the quality" of the big guys? A small name does not mean inferior quality. I'm not trying to sound offensive. I'm just trying to point out you'll be in the same situation some day. No disrespect to NERD, but please try not to disrespect the little guys either. Afterall, I'm pretty sure all spiders originally came from NERD.
    Well, I'm sorry but I will "respectfully" point out to you that I did not say anything about what anyone else is producing. I purchased my spider from NERD because A) they are one of the most well-respected breeders in the US. B) I have a personal relationship with most of the people there and live only a few minutes away from them and C) They had a spider that fit all of my criteria for me personally!

It's not a dig against what anyone else is producing but I looked around at a lot of different places and in a LOT of different advertisements and did not see what I was looking for. I went down there and you know I looked at 8 different spiders they had and found the ONE that fit me personally. If I had seen a "tub with 100 other spiders" mine is still probably the one that I would have picked out. His colors are fantastic, he's got a great reduced pattern and he's got incredible high white sides. I believe in purchasing for quality which is something it seems that has gone to the wayside in this market. Talk to BeardedDragon I'm sure he'd tell you what a quality spider was worth to him.
    Many "big" breeders don't even produce half the low end morphs they sell.....it's not worth their trouble
    What? Actually my spider WAS produced there and I have the birthing records to show that.
    Just keep your thoughts in the back of your mind when you are producing animals of your own. How will you feel if your potential customers are buying other spiders for 2x what you are asking....because yours are "not anywhere near the quality" of the big guys?
    If I am not producing quality animals I'm not going to try to sell them for the same price as the "big guys" that are producing better quality animals from breeders they've been raising up for years and put tons of money into. If I choose to go for better quality animals, spend more money in a initial investment I believe that will show through when I actually start selling babies.

Don't question me on what I choose to do for my business and I won't tell you how to run yours.
    ~Adam~

BPs: 3.9 Normals, 1.0 Spider, 1.1 Pastels, 0.1 100% Het Hypo, 1.0 Cinnamon, 0.1 Pinstripe, 0.1 Albino 1.0 Bumblebee .

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anendeloflorien For This Useful Post:

Beardedragon (11-24-2008),OhBalls (11-25-2008)

Thanks

I see you took offense anyway. Sorry.....and yes, many big breeders sell tons of animals they don't produce. Enjoy.
    Brandon Osborne

www.osbornereptiles.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Osborne View Post
    I see you took offense anyway. Sorry.....and yes, many big breeders sell tons of animals they don't produce. Enjoy.
    Not offended at all actually I just disagree with your major points is all. I've chosen the way that I'm going to pick the animals in my collection just as I'm sure you have we just chose differently! Keep up the good work though! I'm just trying to make my way through the same as everyone.
    ~Adam~

Thanks

we payed 190$ for our lemon pastel...but also planning on getting a pied and leucy someday...so deff gonna end up spending more...

Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast