Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,829

2 members and 2,827 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Good or bad Idea you decide?

SNAKES AND LIZARDS AND FROGS, OH MY!
    Have kids that love reptiles?
    Have kids that are having a Birthday or a get together with friends?
    "Snakes and lizards and frogs oh my!" is perfect for your young child with an interest in reptiles.
    My goal is to get the youth of our society to understand these amazing creatures, and prove some of those ol' reptile myths right or wrong! Just ask some some reptile trivia, and I will answer anything about my personal animals that I own.
    I will bring an Albino Ball Python, Spider Ball Python, Normal Ball Python, Green Iguana, Whites Tree Frog, and a Red ear slider turtle!
    Contact;
    Home phone #, (858)-581-1808
    or
    Cell phone #, (858)-736-6032
    Email, pythontricker@yahoo.com
    Only $20.00 an hour
    From your friendly reptile keeper,
    Quinton Mendoza

I have pics attached but they just wont show.
    I already have some people interested!
    1.0.0 Normal Ball Python, 0.1.0 Albino Ball Python, 1.0.0 Spider Ball Python, 0.1.0 Pastel Ball Python, 1.0.0 Sorong Type Green Tree Python, 0.1.0 Green Iguana, 1.0.0 Whites Tree Frog,

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

Re: Good or bad Idea you decide?

Check out your local Parent Magazines. You can find them at almost any preschool or business that is kid oriented.

You're WAY too cheap. You WILL need insurance. Just because you're nice and know your animals doesn't mean the people who hire you are nice.

It's a great business but a hard one to be good at.

Good luck.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

Thanks

its not long term. Just to make some quick money you know. Who knows, it could turn out long turm though.
    1.0.0 Normal Ball Python, 0.1.0 Albino Ball Python, 1.0.0 Spider Ball Python, 0.1.0 Pastel Ball Python, 1.0.0 Sorong Type Green Tree Python, 0.1.0 Green Iguana, 1.0.0 Whites Tree Frog,

Thanks

You may need some sort of license or permit as well...though I could be totally wrong about that. If you do, you'd probably have to wait til you're 18. Plus the insurance thing will probably be tricky. It's a nice idea, but I'd wait a few years. You have to be able to deal with nutty kids and snarky parents, and you might have a tough time getting them to take you seriously at your age. You do sound very mature and intelligent, don't get me wrong. I just think there is probably a lot of pain in the rear stuff that you might not be taking into consideration.

Thanks

Ok, look at it this way. Say it takes you half an hour to pack up your animals, in whatever containers you just purchased, to take them to this party. Then another half hour to put them away when you get home, plus the hour you drove getting there and back, assuming you don't have the kind of traffic we do down here where it can literally take 2 hours to drive 30 miles. Then there's the cost of gas.

Let's forget about the containers, you'll need those anyway. Say you use 2 gallons of gas and we'll be generous and say it only costs you 3.50 a gallon.

There's 7 bucks right there. Then the three hours of your time divided into the remaining 13 dollars and you're working for 4.33 an hour.

Have at it and good luck to you.

Now, just suppose that some dimwitted child gets either clawed by your iguana or bitten by one of your snakes. It won't matter who is at fault, the parents are going to expect YOU to pay for ALL medical bills, including plastic surgery and possible psychological help.

Are you over 18? If so, you'll be sued for the costs. If not, guess who's parents will be on the hook?

I'm not trying to discourage you. Just pointing out what you haven't seen yet.

Oh, and one more thing. Kids put their grubby little fingers in their snotty little mouths all the time.

Water turtles poop in the water they swim in.

Guess what the perfect vector for salmonella transmission is?

Loose the water turtle and get a tortoise.
    www.humanewatch.org

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Your price is definitely WAY too low. People pay more like $200 for entertainment at their kids birthday parties. I do live in a more expensive area, so you may need to adjust that depending on where you live.

I don't recommend doing it without insurance.
    Casey

Thanks

yeah same. I live in a wealthy area. But! I'm not going to be driving around. The twenty bucks is for the people in my "Hood". They are all within a quarter mile and I have about ten people interested for the summer. + I'm not going to make it long term I just need some money!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pythontricker View Post
    yeah same. I live in a wealthy area. But! I'm not going to be driving around. The twenty bucks is for the people in my "Hood". They are all within a quarter mile and I have about ten people interested for the summer. + I'm not going to make it long term I just need some money!
    They ask. You tell them. They justify.

Why bother asking?
    www.humanewatch.org

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pythontricker View Post
    You still need insurance. Even if you know the people hosting the parties, and can trust they won't sue you, you don't know the parents of every kid who will be there.

Long term or not... that doesn't matter at all.

Just need some money... so why aren't you happy to hear us say you should be charging more?
    Casey

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wilomn View Post
    They ask. You tell them. They justify.

Why bother asking?
    Oh come now. When was the last time any teenager listened to an adult sharing years of worldly experience and wisdom?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast