Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,982

1 members and 2,981 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Things other than Pythons are breeding

I went into a SuperPetz store a couple of months ago to buy something and saw a girl with a Dogue de Bordeaux on a leash wearing a pink collar (the dog). As I own a Dogue de Bordeaux and don't see one very often I told her that I also own one. She asked me if I had a male and if he was neutered. I replied that I have a male and that he is entire. She told me that she had been searching for a stud dog and had contacted a couple of people on line who wanted over $3000 for their Champion titled dogs to provide stud service. She asked if I would be interested in providing the services of my dog for a fee. I said "Sure, why not?". To make a long story longer, she explained to me that her brother is a Labrador Retriever breeder and his friend is a Dogue de Bordeaux breeder that owned the father of her dog and that her brother would need to see my dog and approve it. My dog has been shown in the past and has received a 'very good' rating from an international judge so I felt that he would be suitable to serve. Well the brother pronounced my dog to be better than her dog and her dog is a nice dog. Anyway she went into heat last week and this week we have put them together for 4 days and they both did their part and now our breeding arrangement has been concluded except that I will have to sign some UKC documents in a few months.
    Do not resuscitate

Thanks

Re: Things other than Pythons are breeding

Sounds interesting I always like to see people breeding with an eye toward improving a breed. Are you planning on wanting any of the offspring?
    -Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.

Thanks

Re: Things other than Pythons are breeding

My wife and I have been married for 30 some years and have never been without a dog. We have 2 at this time and she insists that when they expire that she wants to go dog less for a while. She expressed just today that she is afraid that when I see my dogs offspring that I will want one of them. This may not be a groundless fear.
    Do not resuscitate