Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 851

7 members and 844 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.


» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 66,876
Threads: 241,585
Posts: 2,508,354
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Mfah

View Poll Results: What should I go for:

Voters
364. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lesser

    208 57.14%
  • Butter

    156 42.86%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 99
  1. #81
    BPnet Veteran mechnut450's Avatar
    Join Date
    12-23-2008
    Location
    all over Delaware
    Posts
    2,131
    Thanks
    90
    Thanked 292 Times in 245 Posts
    Images: 8

    Re: Next: Lesser vs Butter

    I am hopnigo t goto the show next month to get one or the other lol.. I can only hope t ofind one ata do able deal. ( i have a heart failure if I can get one of each that bea dream deal.) I may havea mojave befoer the show just waiting on theguy to le me know what he hatches out.
    Married to 4theSNAKElady
    Ball pythons
    0.1 pieds 0.1 het pied
    0.1 butters 0.1 axanthic het snow( vpi)
    1.0 fire pewter male 0.1 champagne
    0.1 mojave ph pied 1.0 albino
    0.1 vpi axanthic (het albino) 1.1 dblhet pied albino
    0.1 Sterling Fire
    non ball pythons
    1.0lucy rat snakes

  2. #82
    Registered User NorthernRegius's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-17-2009
    Location
    Cattle Country, NM
    Posts
    1,016
    Thanks
    241
    Thanked 291 Times in 279 Posts

    Re: Next: Lesser vs Butter

    Quote Originally Posted by West Coast Jungle View Post
    I like them both, I would base my decision on a specific animal. There are good and bad of both.
    I couldn't decide so I waited for nice examples... I got a Woma Lesser female & I'm waiting on my Hypo Butter male... just pick the best looking (to you) animal & you'll be happy.
    All the Best,
    Deb @ www.NorthernRegius.com

  3. #83
    BPnet Veteran Haydenphoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-08-2009
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    392
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 45 Times in 40 Posts
    Images: 4

    Re: Next: Lesser vs Butter

    Quote Originally Posted by soy.lor.n View Post
    I'm almost positive lesser is a separate gene, so the only way you can get one is from a mommy or daddy lesser

    oh but, I like the green a lot too, so I would say lesser
    Yes it is but to be honest it's really hard to tell a lesser and a butter ! At the tinley show the butters and the lessers looked so much alike i was kinda shocked .

  4. #84
    BPnet Lifer OhhWatALoser's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-28-2007
    Location
    Suburbs of Detroit
    Posts
    4,953
    Thanks
    515
    Thanked 2,639 Times in 1,446 Posts

    Re: Next: Lesser vs Butter

    Quote Originally Posted by Haydenphoto View Post
    Yes it is but to be honest it's really hard to tell a lesser and a butter ! At the tinley show the butters and the lessers looked so much alike i was kinda shocked .
    thats because their the same morph, call it different lines if you want.

    im not reading all 9 pages, but has anyone already stated this? Theirs examples of each that look pretty close to the same thing. they both make the same super, every combo can look the same using similar looking butter/lesser. there nothing suggesting that they are different morphs, not even diluted versions of the morphs like mojave, phantom, ect.

    to answer your poll, look at the animal, not the morph name

  5. #85
    Registered User
    Join Date
    10-10-2009
    Location
    Red Deer, AB, Canada
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    Re: Next: Lesser vs Butter

    Since I own a pair of Lessers I will vote Lessers, BUT I am new to the ball seen and like everything... I have recently seen a Butter Pin and loved it so who knows...

  6. #86
    BPnet Veteran Haydenphoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-08-2009
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    392
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 45 Times in 40 Posts
    Images: 4

    Re: Next: Lesser vs Butter

    Quote Originally Posted by OhhWatALoser View Post
    thats because their the same morph, call it different lines if you want.

    im not reading all 9 pages, but has anyone already stated this? Theirs examples of each that look pretty close to the same thing. they both make the same super, every combo can look the same using similar looking butter/lesser. there nothing suggesting that they are different morphs, not even diluted versions of the morphs like mojave, phantom, ect.

    to answer your poll, look at the animal, not the morph name
    I would have to agree i just didn't want everybody to jump down my throat for saying it ! ! ! !

  7. #87
    Registered User vapour's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-03-2009
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Re: Next: Lesser vs Butter

    It was a hard choise for me too. At the Sacramento show there were lessers that looked like creamy mojaves and some that were similar to butters. In the end I went with a Butter Bee, I already have a yearling Mojave breeding so by the time my Butter Bee is ready I should have a cinny mojave or a mojave yellowbelly male to breed to her.

    I also plan on getting a lesser at somepoint, I'd like to breed a lesser to a YB

  8. #88
    BPnet Veteran adam_degel's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-05-2009
    Posts
    236
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 31 Times in 29 Posts
    Images: 9

    Re: Next: Lesser vs Butter

    they seem to be very similar but lesser reigns supreme to me!

  9. #89
    Registered User lesserlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    12-19-2009
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    188
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 22 Times in 22 Posts
    Images: 5

    Re: Next: Lesser vs Butter

    Butters are less expensive than what some has stated. Ralph Davis was recently selling one for 500. I believe it is posted on the recent availability list he posted to his site. If you ever hope to produce a platty, I would go with a lesser. That is not to say that you will produce one given the fact that the riddle gene is very complex. Besides that, check out Ralphs video on his super bright lesser or butter. Either snake, sure thing. You might want to purchase a female while you're at it. The more lessers/butters/mojaves you have, the more likely you are to produce Bels. Pick up a. Fire and a lemonback
    Premises:
    Dangerous animals shall be banned.
    Ball Pythons are not dangerous.
    Conclusion:
    Therefore, Ball Pythons shall not be banned.

  10. #90
    BPnet Veteran
    Join Date
    06-09-2008
    Location
    Clermont, FL
    Posts
    709
    Thanks
    106
    Thanked 216 Times in 146 Posts

    Re: Next: Lesser vs Butter

    Quote Originally Posted by lesserlover View Post
    If you ever hope to produce a platty, I would go with a lesser. That is not to say that you will produce one given the fact that the riddle gene is very complex.
    What makes you say this? Ralph has even made platties with butters. There is no reason anyone else would specifically need a lesser to get them. I'm convinced something similar can be made with mojaves and Russo hets as well. Also, it is looking more and more like the platty gene is actually not very complicated at all. Randy Remington explained in another thread that it appears to be another mutation allelic to the rest of the Blue-eyed leucistic gene, which is typically hidden, but when paired with one of the other genes from the complex, it results in a sort of hypomelanism. This theory makes a lot of sense if you look at Ralph's breeding records with the platinum gene.
    Russell Lawson

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1