Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,086

1 members and 3,085 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Re: On the dog trip again.. possible pitbull

Quote Originally Posted by Ginevive View Post
    Boo! Sorry I didn't mean to scare you
    I think that she does have some pit in her. She's an awesome dog and I wish that he'd just get tired of her and leave her here
    Nothing wrong with a women who can carry herself with ease .I would "mention" it to him if he ever wants her to go you will be happy to take her
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

Well, my husband agreed to getting a dog. See, the clincher happened today. This strange guy was at the door, I was home alone and never even heard him come up the driveway. Granted, he was just looking to rent part of the hayfields.. And granted, I have an arsenal of weapons here that could be considered self-defense.. but still. He could have been a nasty critter. I want a dog for that feeling of security that dogs bring. Not to mention the comeraderie; I want someone to play catch with, to take on walks no matter what season it is, and to be glad that I am home
    There's more. I have clinical depression. I have just been looking for something that'll bring me outta my shell somedays, of feeling generally unenergetic and the like. I slog through 40-hour workweeks.. get home.. granted, I love my life and family, but it is something that is lacking in me. Something to make me smile.. The horses do that for me, but they are not horses that bond to humans much like some horses are. They would just as soon be out in the pasture dozing as hanging around me. And my cat, well he is a cat.
    But while I watched the LLs dog last week, something clicked. That happy face looking at me, wanting me to go run, play fetch with it.. it brought out a joy in me that I have been wanting to spring out for awhile now. I need to get a dog.. it is just a matter of searching now.
    -Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.

Thanks

Something about dog rescues. Is it really that necessary to have a fenced-in yard? Alot of places won't even adopt to you if you do not. We have that dog-run, and I guess that it could be considered a yard; it is about the size of a normal city backyard if a bit small. But I planned on tying her out to a large maple tree when, say, I am home to supervise but busy with things that she can't partake in (like training/riding the horses, or hanging laundry; that sort of thing.) I would never leave her out there for hours on end.. but I think that this is better than some fenced yards. I just think it's a shame that some rescues might not look at someone who has 300 acres to walk a dog on, because none of it is dog-fenced.
    Ball pythons:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ginevive View Post
    Something about dog rescues. Is it really that necessary to have a fenced-in yard? Alot of places won't even adopt to you if you do not. We have that dog-run, and I guess that it could be considered a yard; it is about the size of a normal city backyard if a bit small. But I planned on tying her out to a large maple tree when, say, I am home to supervise but busy with things that she can't partake in (like training/riding the horses, or hanging laundry; that sort of thing.) I would never leave her out there for hours on end.. but I think that this is better than some fenced yards. I just think it's a shame that some rescues might not look at someone who has 300 acres to walk a dog on, because none of it is dog-fenced.
    Jen i think for the most part they are worried the dog might get loose and be run over.I would discuss your room to run if you will(along with you of course) and she will not be left alone for long periods in the run.Good luck and we need pics if and when you find your pup
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

After all of this, I have decided not to get a dog at this time. My husband is just too-much against it, and yes it would be unfair for a dog to be living here and know that it is halfway unwanted. So I will put it on the back burner for now.
    LL is out with his pup now.. time to get a doggie fix!
    Ball pythons:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234