Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,119

3 members and 3,116 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Banned
    Thanks

Re: Is this a carpet?

no you did not that is a lie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by horrible snake lady View Post
    I sent the pics to him after the fact.By the way like I said the living conditions are not the best I agree but deplorable is kinda stretching it the only thing in the tank that shouldn't be there is his own shedded skin so where the hell do you get deplorable I'm not dumping my garbage in it
    Considering you have no experience with carpet pythons, who are you to judge whether it is deplorable or not? To me, YES, those are deplorable living conditions for any animal. You don't know what good husbandry is, so how can you even comment on what is bad or deplorable?

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

no you did not that is a lie
    Really? I think you should go check your email history before I post everything for everyone to see and judge for themselves. I'm wholly confidant it is simply a case of you mixing some emails up and am willing to let you "discover" for yourself what I said was true. I have the emails we exchanged back and forth and I'm sure you do too.

Thanks

Im still quite honestly shocked at how atrocious you are. I like how its you with the snake in bad conditions, its you who is trying to make a buck to recover damage costs (which is illegal isnt it?) and its you who is bringing the attitude, but for some reason, all 50 other people who have said things in this post are somehow wrong.......IT MUST HAVE BEEN A TYPO A TYPO A TYPO, MUST HAVE BEEN A TYPO IT CANT BE TRUE!!!

Banned
    Thanks

you saw pics of it that is it you did not see it in person please tell me what is the deplorable part of it.I'd really like to know.And also so far out of every comment on here not 1 person has emailed,mentioned or called me on how to fix the problem all you people seem to care about is putting your 2 cents in if you care so much give me a call or email me and let me know how I can safely fix the problem instead of gossiping about it like little 5 year olds and personaly insulting my intentions what about yours.

Thanks

the living conditions are not the best I agree but deplorable is kinda stretching it
    Since you have no background in keeping these kinds of animals, I can understand why you might think so. It's not about the skins laying around it, but rather the fact that the enclosure is completely inadequate for that animal in terms of temperature, humidity, cleanliness, etc. and that the animal is at risk of any number of conditions due to this.

These are all things you obviously don't understand, and since you've never intended to keep the animal, had no desire to understand, but with which we all take issue, and all which are obvious in the two pictures posted to craigs list.

The Earth is the cradle of mankind, but one cannot live in the cradle forever. -Konstantin Tsiolkovsky

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bsd13 View Post

And here are the reasons why

No heat source :Provide your carpet with a basking spot of 86-88 F and an ambient (background) temperature of 75-78 F. The ambient temperature should not fall below 75 F.

Improper humidity: Unless you live in Miami, that carpet python does not have 50% humidity in the tank

No water: In that picture, the animal does not have water in the bowl

Soiled bedding: The snakes bedding is soiled with urates and waste. No doubt breeding large amounts of bacteria, fungi, and mold. This is a serious health issue with concerns to belly rot

No proper hides: One large hide that offers very little security. The only good thing about the hide is that the animal does not have to sit on the soiled bedding.

No measuring units: You have no idea if that snake is hot or cold. Snakes are cold blooded, and they need a basking spot with warm air temperatures and proper humidity to avoid Upper respiratory illness.

None of those snakes simple needs are being met, except you say that you have fed him in the 2 days you've had him. Which I highly doubt if you have only had him for two days, why would you feed an animal you are not only afraid of, but are trying to get rid of as quickly as possible??

Those sweetie are deplorable conditions. If you want to read on what a carpet needs to thrive, check out this site and get him into a warm clean home.
    http://www.newenglandreptile.com/CareCarpet.html

Thanks

you saw pics of it that is it you did not see it in person
    Ever hear that pictures tell a thousand words? The second on on your craig's list ad is more than enough. No temperature or humidity control beyond a useless heat rock, and a horribly filthy tank.

so far out of every comment on here not 1 person has emailed,mentioned or called me on how to fix the problem
    That's because you've been more than clear in your intentions to unload the animal, so why bother? The quicker it's out of your hands the better, and it seems you've found a good home, and have lost your requirement of a "reasonable offer"... mission accomplished.

The Earth is the cradle of mankind, but one cannot live in the cradle forever. -Konstantin Tsiolkovsky

Banned
    Thanks

This has gone from me trying to be educated on the situation to plain defending my actions and honestly I have better things to do with my time if no one wants to help me make the conditions better then yes!yes!yes! you are all hypocrites if any one would like to shoot me an email or call me on it with good intentions only then feel free until then you can gossip all you want or find someone else to offend because I am so done with this.....WHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND PEOPLE!Have a nice life

Thanks

This has gone from me trying to be educated on the situation to plain defending my actions and honestly I have better things to do with my time if no one wants to help me make the conditions better then yes!yes!yes! you are all hypocrites if any one would like to shoot me an email or call me on it with good intentions only then feel free until then you can gossip all you want or find someone else to offend because I am so done with this.....WHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND PEOPLE!Have a nice life
    wow......you are an A+ human.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast