Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,986

1 members and 2,985 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Is this a carpet?

thats really sad that there are people like that in the world and it sickens me i wish i could own a ranch and just take in all the unwanted uncared for animals in the world. i member when i was a kid and brought home 4 stray dogs 3 stray cats a turtle and a baby squirrel home my parents are angry with me lol those were the days. but serious i would do something like that. where you know what you dont care about the animals anymore itll have 10 acres to run around on and other animals to play with and they will be my pets ill live in the country side. people can send donations or what have you but i would do it out of love for the animals.

Banned
    Thanks

Angry Re: Is this a carpet?

To all the people who would like to judge me without knowing my story about the snake you are hypocrites.It was not my snake and I have nothing to do with the way it is living.I am afraid of snakes and that is why the living conditions have not been changed from the way the tenant left it.I have bought it food and given it water but I don't know really much about snakes so I really can not do much more for it.If you people want to be such saviors than you are more than welcome to come to the house and do what needs to be done to the tank to make it livable.She left us with well over $2000 worth of disgusting mess and damage and if you think the living conditions of the snake are made you should see the living conditions she had her 2 year old daughter who has seizure disorders living in which I am a little bit more concerned about.She abandoned the apartment and left no forwarding address and I don't know if any of you hypocrites are landlords and actually own property but we have no rights it will cost more than she owes us to bring her to court to get the money back thats if she would even end up obeying the court order and pay us because she can not be put in jail for it the worst she gets is bad credit .If you would like to see her living conditions I also have plenty of pics of that if you even care about a human being and not just the snake.Do you people know how hard it is to pay 2 mortgages and then some and have a slime bag destroy your property then have to pour more money into it.I am not being greedy I have a family to feed and I don't expect top dollar for the snake but I can get more than $50 for it.That won't even fill up my gas tank.$$ signs are not in my eyes my sone is and thats more important.Now that I am done trying to explain myself which I should never had to.TO PATTY CAKES the wall color was not my choice the scumbag tenant painted it that color maybe you she be more worried about buying some hair relaxer.Also as for someone emailing me about not trusting BROOK DURANT I am not a liar that is the truth I will not give the name because he was just trying to help but I can copy and paste exactly what he wrote to me if it concerns you so much.I DON"T LIE

Thanks

I understand the situation you are in and I do not believe that everyone here thinks you are a horrible person for what has happened. This community is very dedicated to reptiles but there are many of us that can understand where you are coming from. If you do not receive any offers soon, please consider the offer brook made. I know you are trying to recoup some losses, but you will not get anything for that snake if it dies.

I do not know why someone would say you should not sell this animal to Brook, but that information is at your discretion to believe or dismiss. I do feel badly for you and the horrible situation you have been put in, but that does not make you the bad guy in any way. I wish you the best of luck in dealing with this tenant and hope that she will eventually grow up and take on some responsibility, or that someone recognizes the danger her daughter is in a calls child services.
    1.0 Normal Ball Python- Little Dude
    0.0.1 Albino Kingsnake - Weiner
    Missi

Thanks

While I can understand and feel for the landlord in this situation (having had to be on their end in the past), that is no reason to continue taking it out on the animal.

Instead of trying to make money off of it and keeping it in horrid conditions, call the local Herp Society. They most likely have a foster/rescue program and will take the snake to make sure it is properly cared for and checked by a vet.

Just because this tenant left with money owed is no reason to keep an animal in conditions like this.

Deb

iHerp. Do you?

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Unfortunately I know a lot more about deadbeat tenants than most people. However, I would never hold an animal hostage to try to recoup a few extra bucks. If you don't get any better offers for the snake, I encourage you to place it with the $50 offer. Though I do not know that person, I do know that he (she?) will get the support they need to give the snake the best chance at a comfortable life.
    Augie 1.0.0 Lemon Pastel BP
    Rio 1.0.0 South Brazilian BCA
    Blaze 0.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa

Thanks

The problem is understood. But in the end the animal looks sick and is in an unhealthy living situation. I understand your fear of snakes and that you feel uncomfortable changing it, but unfortunately it is just adding to the abuse the animal is already suffering. Not to mention if its only means of heat is a heat rock which can be extremely dangerous and does NOT provide proper heating. I'm not saying taking the 50 dollar will or wont be better for the animal. But as of now the animal is in your care. Do the responsible thing for it. Maybe the local SPCA or a reptile rescue would be willing to help you out.
    Sin~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by horrible snake lady View Post
    It was not my snake and I have nothing to do with the way it is living.
    It may not have been your snake, but you have everything to do with the way it is living NOW. The snake is not your "slimebag" tenants or an extension thereof, and it is despicable to make a living animal suffer needlessly, as you seem set on doing in order to recoup losses with no concern for the wellbeing of the animal.

As for your 2 mortgages, neither the snake or we are responsible for your choice to become a slum-lord at the expense of your family's fiscal security. As such, your position is not being helped by either keeping this animal in deplorable conditions until what you feel is an adequate offer is made, or ranting about the results of your bad decision making abilities while calling us hypocrites.

Give the snake to someone who cares, you obviously don't.

The Earth is the cradle of mankind, but one cannot live in the cradle forever. -Konstantin Tsiolkovsky

Thanks

I agree. If you are unable to care for the snake, and the animal was abandoned, give it to a foster/rescue center. You are in possession of the animal, and the conditions it is living in is near abuse.

It would be the right thing to accept a humble amount for the snake that you have no desire or experience to keep, or to give it to a shelter for another family to take in and nurse.

Banned
    Thanks

Some of you made good points but I have only had this snake in my possession for a couple of days so I am not holding it hostage.I have someone coming to look at it tonight who is willing to pay more for it.Which whatever he offers I am giving it to him.So everyone can calm down.I am a good person and care about all living things and never want them to suffer but you also have to understand where I am coming from to give an unbiased point of view before you start judging me.I would have never joined this thread and registered if I didn't care what people were saying and I didn't care period but I am educating myself on this issue and listening to other peoples point of view unlike some people here who just jumped to a judgment about me.

Banned
    Thanks

Also how in anyway does it make me a slum-lord I am a very good landlord and attend to any concerns my tenants ever have.It is not my fault if they never called me on anything because they never wanted for me to see there living conditions.Do you know how many syringes I had to pick up and scum I had to clean.They go in the apartment giving false references that I have no idea that they are false when I am checking on them.Who the hell are you to call me a slum-lord.What the hell do you own thats of any value your snakes WOW!!!

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast