Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,388

1 members and 3,387 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Is this a carpet?

Quote Originally Posted by bsd13 View Post
    Lol, well I don't want to harass the lady into giving in to me. In fact I'm pretty well convinced she'll see it dead before I'll hear from her about it. But hey if that's what you honestly believe needs to be said then I guess it is your right to send an email to her.

Craig's List is a funny place. I've seen mutts... again that's MUTTS (with a "M") advertised on Craig's List for hundreds of dollars. It used to be when you had an animal that needed a home you were willing to just give it away no matter how much (or little) it was worth. Hell, where I come from you PAY people to take in a rescue you don't expect to get paid for it. But oh well what can you do. That's how Craig's List seems to function.
    I haven't sent anything yet, and I sent you a PM of my msg first I am polite
    1.0 Normal Ball Python- Little Dude
    0.0.1 Albino Kingsnake - Weiner
    Missi

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

One last thing regarding this - I've gotten a few pms from well intentioned folks wanting to contact her about not being willing to take $50.00 for it and what a horrible "parent" she is. I wanted to clear up that this isn't a case of her doing badly with her own snake, a tenant of their abandoned it. I put that in the 2nd or 3rd post I made in this thread, but thought it should be further cleared up.

Please don't harass her either via phone or email unless you are honestly interested in the snake. It won't change her mind and is likely just to annoy her (I know it would me). But I thank everyone for the support and the offers of support in this situation. She has every right to ask whatever she wants to ask for the snake.

Thanks

On a side note, I am amazed at how many reptile related pet ads there are... You rarely see anything out here, but everyother ad on that list IS!!!!!!

Thanks

that's sadly amusing... it came to their possesion free of charge, and now they want to make a quick buck... what a world we live in.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gooseman View Post
    that's sadly amusing... it came to their possesion free of charge, and now they want to make a quick buck... what a world we live in.
    In all fairness she's trying to recover part of the damages that her tenant left her with by selling the snake. I don't know what the snake has to do with the damages, but I'll help her recover $50.00 of it. Which isn't really anything at all, but it's better than nothing.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Long View Post
    On a side note, I am amazed at how many reptile related pet ads there are... You rarely see anything out here, but everyother ad on that list IS!!!!!!
    No kidding huh. Most of the time they're emancipated normal ball pythons that people are trying to sell for as much as a spider would go for.

Thanks

your a good man on that half that you know the situtation of the snake. and what happened. yea around here you have to pay the animal shelters to take animals. so i think if someone really wanted and animal to go to a good home and someone was willing to take it besides a rescue then a fee of free would be nice. theres a place here not to get off topic but only shelters iggy's and if you cant handle your iggy anymore you have to pay them 150 dollars for them to take it cuz they have no room and they need all the money they can get to expand and its only 50 dollars to adopt the iggys. i was doing a foster thing for them not the long ago. before it got into bps. i miss my iggys rip sam rex and godzilla. sorry for the high jack.

Thanks

thats one heck of a contract she had with her tenant if she can't legally charge him/her for damages... where can I find one?

I understand the $50 dollars, but trying to sell at market price when they got it free of charge is rediculous.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gooseman View Post
    thats one heck of a contract she had with her tenant if she can't legally charge him/her for damages... where can I find one?

I understand the $50 dollars, but trying to sell at market price when they got it free of charge is rediculous.
    I don't know anything about the legal situation or the tenant situation. I'll just hazard to guess that the tenant simply disappeared without a trace rather than face the consequences of the damage she had done to the place.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    your a good man on that half that you know the situtation of the snake. and what happened. yea around here you have to pay the animal shelters to take animals. so i think if someone really wanted and animal to go to a good home and someone was willing to take it besides a rescue then a fee of free would be nice. theres a place here not to get off topic but only shelters iggy's and if you cant handle your iggy anymore you have to pay them 150 dollars for them to take it cuz they have no room and they need all the money they can get to expand and its only 50 dollars to adopt the iggys. i was doing a foster thing for them not the long ago. before it got into bps. i miss my iggys rip sam rex and godzilla. sorry for the high jack.
    Sadly most people will either kill the animal or just let it loose before they'll pay for a shelter to take them in. My sister runs a humane society and they have a $25 intake fee but no one ever pays it. They just leave the animals chained up to the fence and sometimes they kill them and leave them on the front steps with a note complaining about the fee

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast