Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,379

3 members and 3,376 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    BPnet Senior Member Mike Cavanaugh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,022 Times in 458 Posts

A request for the mods

Sorry if this is in the wrong place... If it is, PLEASE move it!

I think there should be 3 mandatory rules with the For Sale / Trade / Adoption section... One, seller should have to post their City / State. Two, they should also have to post if they are able, and or willing to ship! Three, they should also have to list acceptable payment methods.

These mandatory requirements would only make sense for both the seller and the buyer. Obviously I pay exra special attention to anything that goes up for sale anywere near my physical location. So often someone posts something, says it is local pickup only, and there is no mention of their location either in the post or in their profile.

Obviously If the seller can and will ship, that should be mentioned also. BUT only if they have already done their research, and really are able to ship live animals... Maybe even put some kind of disclosure with a check box that they have to check to verify they are familiar with the rules / costs / requirments of shipping live animals!

There should be a simple check box where they can choose the forms of payment they will except (examples, pay pal, personal check, money order, cash) I for one will not buy from a private breeder without using Pay Pal. If they refuse to take pay pal payments, I need to know that up front before any offers are made!

Can you put these three mandatory fields somewhere when starting a for sale post? The for sale section is awesome! These three simple requirements would certainly take it to the next level!

Mike
    Mikey Cavanaugh
    (904) 318-3333

Thanks

Re: A request for the mods

i agree this would help people looking at the section but does v-bulliten support that kind of a modification?

gotta say though its a really good idea
    This is my . . . BANKAI!!! ~Kurosaki Ichigo

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the suggestion. It's an excellent reminder to folks to include pertinent information in their sale ads.

At this time, however, it is not our intention or desire to take our little sales venue to "the next level." It is there as a courtesy to our members, primarily to help a hobbiest rehome a snake or sell an occasional clutch of eggs. Our focus will never be on selling animals, but rather on education and helping, and therefore, it would be counterproductive for us to invest a lot of time modding (and then moderating) a sales forum.

It takes only a minute to send a PM to a seller inquiring about their location and/or shipping methods, etc. And if you'd like to start a more visable thread in the "Off Topic" forum that will remind people of the benefits of including as much critical information as possible in their ads, that'd be great.

Thank you so much for your interest and all your support of BP.net!!
    -- Judy

Thanks

Maybe you could sticky one, sounds like a really good idea. Not that it's mandatory, but is a good idea and may help people sell animals quicker.
    1.0.0 Normal BP: Vincent Vega