Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,767

4 members and 3,763 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg

Thread: She Ate!

Thanks

She Ate!

Uli and I just had our first successful (and first attempted) feeding last night! I had all the odds against me, as I'd had her in her new home only for 2 days, and was also converting to f/t as she'd had only live from her breeder.
    I had heard to wait for a week before trying to feed her, but she was normally fed Fridays, and she just came from intown, rather than being shipped, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to give it a shot, and the breeder also said I could go ahead and try if I wanted. (lol I don't know if it's appropriate to disclose who said breeder is or not, as he's a member of the forum) Since the first couple of hours, she seemed like she was getting along well in the new setting, so I wasn't too worried about her.
    At first, she seemed to be very confused, and wouldn't take it when first offered, although I'd "prescented" for a while beforehand, so I left it in the tank with her for about an hour, and she flicked her tongue about it and tried to figure out whether or not to strike. At that time, I decided to offer with the tongs again, and when I was moving the mouse away from her, she struck!
    She did have a bit of trouble with it, because she tried to eat it feet first, and while swinging it all around her tank, got it covered in aspen. So she did get a little bit of a mouthfull of bedding, but it looked like she got most of it out in the end, and short of moving her into another enclosure (which I definitely wasn't going to do after only 2 days) there wasn't really anything I could do to stop it. She spent today lying around in her hide, so it looks like all went well.

So I'm pretty happy with my baby so far. She seems like she has a great personality and I just can't wait until later in the week when I can start playing with her!
    1.0 Spouse Stephen
    0.1 Normal BP Ulitakiwa aka Uli

Thanks

Re: She Ate!

Grats... I have a few that looked like they'd eat straight off the fedex truck! hehe, I dind't try cause I never do. Looks like you have a "good eater" on your hands! Grats to ya.

Thanks

Re: She Ate!

Congrats!!! The majority of ours ate within a couple days. Out two older girls were the two longest holdouts and one had a good reason. To us it seems the older they are the slower they adapt. Younger ones do not seem to care.