Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,882

1 members and 2,881 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

Why did the turtle cross the road?

Why did the turtle cross the road? To get picked up by us and returned to the lake...
    My kids were in a Junior Fishing Tournament today... This was the catch of the day... The best part is that he was just walking accross the road so we rescued him and released him back into the lake...

Thanks

Re: Why did the turtle cross the road?

Great find and a nice looking young snapper aswell. If you find one again, try not to pick it up by the tail, holding a snapping turtle by the tail can cause vertebral damage, not trying to be rude but alot of people dont know that. Its better to hold them by the end of their shell, not a very convenient way to hold them but it works.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by worldcupkeeper View Post
    Great find and a nice looking young snapper aswell. If you find one again, try not to pick it up by the tail, holding a snapping turtle by the tail can cause vertebral damage, not trying to be rude but alot of people dont know that. Its better to hold them by the end of their shell, not a very convenient way to hold them but it works.
    You know I started not to post that pic cause I knew that you guys were gonna give me a hard time about him holding it by its tail but it was only for a second while I snapped the picture... and its hard for an 11 year old to catch a snapper and hold onto it... I was proud that he was brave enough to get the lil guy and wanted to help him out... So many children these days are not raised to help animals esp. reptiles... That made me realize my hard work on raising him right has paid off!!! But I asure you we would not make a habit of carrying anything around by its tail...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Momma T View Post
    You know I started not to post that pic cause I knew that you guys were gonna give me a hard time about him holding it by its tail but it was only for a second while I snapped the picture... and its hard for an 11 year old to catch a snapper and hold onto it... I was proud that he was brave enough to get the lil guy and wanted to help him out... So many children these days are not raised to help animals esp. reptiles... That made me realize my hard work on raising him right has paid off!!! But I asure you we would not make a habit of carrying anything around by its tail...
    I dont think Aric is giving you a hard time here but just a little info
    Joe Haggard

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

Dum de dum de dum de dum, I'm just a turtle crossing the road, dum de dum de dum de dum.

Honk!! WHOOSH de dum de dum, I'm just a turtle that almost got hit by a car while I was crossing the road, now which way was the lake. dum de dum de dum de dum......

Hey, look at that turtle, he's walking away from the lake. Doesn't he know any better?

If he stays on the road much longer he's going to get hit by a car.

I'd pick it up but it's a snapper and if I do he'll snap one of my fingers off. Mom would be mad. I'll pick him up by the tail and take him back to the lake.

dum de dum de HEY, what's going on, who's got my tail and what the heck is that AHHHHHHHHHH....my back, no wait, I don't have a back, my spine, no wait, my spine is fused to my carapace, my TAIL, ow ow ow, my everlovin tail.

Whew, got him just in time. That guy looked like he was aiming for the turtle. The lake is THIS way Mr. Snapper. You should not be on the road, someone will run you over.

Hey, water, put me in the water, that's what I was looking for anyway. That black field I was crossing was endless and some zipping big things that did not seem too friendly. Sort of like alligators only way faster. Bigger too. Put me in the water, the water, that's where I belong.

SPLASH

Oh my tail, oh wait, it only hurt while he was holding me up by it. It still twists and turns and my oh my does this water feel good. I didn't realize how hot I was out there. No more wondering for me, I'm a water turtle.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joepythons View Post
    I dont think Aric is giving you a hard time here but just a little info
    Absolutly not a hard time at all... And I appreciate the info... I showed my son the post and told him how to hold one next time... but I want him to keep all his fingers too... You know his grandpa is missing 3 fingers and both of his uncles are missing fingers too.... it runs in his family to get their fingers snapped off...lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wilomn View Post
    Dum de dum de dum de dum, I'm just a turtle crossing the road, dum de dum de dum de dum.

Honk!! WHOOSH de dum de dum, I'm just a turtle that almost got hit by a car while I was crossing the road, now which way was the lake. dum de dum de dum de dum......

Hey, look at that turtle, he's walking away from the lake. Doesn't he know any better?

If he stays on the road much longer he's going to get hit by a car.

I'd pick it up but it's a snapper and if I do he'll snap one of my fingers off. Mom would be mad. I'll pick him up by the tail and take him back to the lake.

dum de dum de HEY, what's going on, who's got my tail and what the heck is that AHHHHHHHHHH....my back, no wait, I don't have a back, my spine, no wait, my spine is fused to my carapace, my TAIL, ow ow ow, my everlovin tail.

Whew, got him just in time. That guy looked like he was aiming for the turtle. The lake is THIS way Mr. Snapper. You should not be on the road, someone will run you over.

Hey, water, put me in the water, that's what I was looking for anyway. That black field I was crossing was endless and some zipping big things that did not seem too friendly. Sort of like alligators only way faster. Bigger too. Put me in the water, the water, that's where I belong.

SPLASH

Oh my tail, oh wait, it only hurt while he was holding me up by it. It still twists and turns and my oh my does this water feel good. I didn't realize how hot I was out there. No more wondering for me, I'm a water turtle.
    AND HE LIVES HAPPILY EVER AFTER....