Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,852

2 members and 2,850 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

WC Red-Eared Slider ?

What can I feed a WC Red-Eared Slider? And I cant remember how to tell the difference in males and females can anyone post pics of a male and female red-eared slider or tell me how to tell the sexes apart?
    1.0 cinny, 1.0 pastel, 1.2 spider, 0.3 normals, 1.0 mojo, 1.0 albino, 1.0 fire, 1.1 yellowbelly, 1.0 het. pied, 1.0 lesser

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Re: WC Red-Eared Slider ?

Quote Originally Posted by BallPython17 View Post
    What can I feed a WC Red-Eared Slider? And I cant remember how to tell the difference in males and females can anyone post pics of a male and female red-eared slider or tell me how to tell the sexes apart?
    Do you have one now or just wondering? In my opinion its wrong to take a wild turtle out of its natural home.Plus what if it never feeds and dies
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

Well I found it in my backyard and the only lake thats close to me is pretty far from my house and another thing is that here in florida they banned people from selling and buying them cause everyone would end up releasing them. So I dont want to let em go cause I dont want anyone to kill it or I might get in trouble if they see me releasing it. But ive been feeding em lizards and hes been eating them but I know I cant just feed em that. And I dont think he'll take turtle pellets.
    1.0 cinny, 1.0 pastel, 1.2 spider, 0.3 normals, 1.0 mojo, 1.0 albino, 1.0 fire, 1.1 yellowbelly, 1.0 het. pied, 1.0 lesser

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BallPython17 View Post
    Well I found it in my backyard and the only lake thats close to me is pretty far from my house and another thing is that here in florida they banned people from selling and buying them cause everyone would end up releasing them. So I dont want to let em go cause I dont want anyone to kill it or I might get in trouble if they see me releasing it. But ive been feeding em lizards and hes been eating them but I know I cant just feed em that. And I dont think he'll take turtle pellets.
    Man everything is a problem in florida because of those stupid people letting them go.Well he can eat worms and small fish also.Good luck
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

When I had a Red-Eared a couple of years ago I fed him the regular turtle pellets. Every once in a while I would feed him Worms, Crickets, Fish, and dried shrimp..He did fine on all of these.

BPnet Veteran Kesslers Kreatures's Avatar
    Thanks

Buy goldfish for him, he would prob like them the most, maybe some anachris plants too. also males have long nails and the femailes have short ones. thats a pretty goot way to tell
    Lewie

0.1 Girlfriend
    5.13 Ball Pythons
    1.0 Kenyan Sand Boas

Thanks

No goldfish, I cant remember what but something in them is dangerous to them. No lizards also, Id go let him go. Taking him from the wild is one of the worse things you can do unless you take him state to the vet to make sure that he hasn't got anything bad.
    - Matt

Come here little guy. You're awfully cute and fluffy but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beardedragon View Post
    No goldfish, I cant remember what but something in them is dangerous to them. No lizards also, Id go let him go. Taking him from the wild is one of the worse things you can do unless you take him state to the vet to make sure that he hasn't got anything bad.
    Didn't he say that RES are not native to florida? Why should he re-release a non native species?

As to goldfish, i've heard both sides about that "poison"... my girl friends turtle loved them. (sparingly though)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by littleindiangirl View Post
    Didn't he say that RES are not native to Florida? Why should he re-release a non native species?

As to goldfish, I've heard both sides about that "poison"... my girl friends turtle loved them. (sparingly though)
    The problem is people release them and they breed with the native turtles making what i like to call the new hybrids " mud turtles"
    there are millions of wild res in Florida, and this one is likely one.
    - Matt

Come here little guy. You're awfully cute and fluffy but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat

Thanks

Thanks guys for your help. I wanna keep em, ive gotten attached to em lol, especially after he almost bit my nose when I was trying to inspect em for any wounds or bugs(he was pretty dry when I found em so thats why I checked for bugs). And yes ill take em to get checked out. And about the nail thing, its nails arent long or short their in between, ive seen males with big nails thats why I was iffy about him being male or female.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast