Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,983

0 members and 2,983 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,490
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

snake tatt design: WIP

So I've been talking about getting a tattoo for a while and gosh darn, I'm an adult so like, I can...but never saw any design that I thought was the one and have always thought unique art was the way to go...so I broke out Illustrator today and have been messing around...

I think I want just black and white (or just black? whatever it's called), or very little color...something "snakey", but simple, probably small-ish...

So, my work-in-progress. Working with the paintbrush tool and then using the direct select tool to move vertices and change vertex angles...filling it in for the output shows me that it's still "too fat" in a couple of the bends...what whatcha think? =)

0.1 ball python (Cleo), 0.1 surinam bcc (Carmen)
    1.0 sunglow motley corn (Jenson), 1.0 albino burmese (Lourdes)
    1.0 cat (Nicky), some mooses and ratters, 1.0 hubby (Rick)

Do I get Paid for this??? LadyOhh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,115 Times in 1,073 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: snake tatt design: WIP

That is a VERY happy snake...

Made me laugh.

Looks cool! But what I would suggest is go into a shop and get an artist to sketch an idea with you. That usually gets things rolling.
    Heather Wong
    I AM the Wonginator
    Heather's Herps Website
    READ MY BLOG!!!
    Balls for Life, Baby!!!

Thanks

I completely appreciate a love of simplistic designs. All of mine are. ^_^ But I think that one is a little *too* simple, if you know what I mean. If you're going to go for something original, I think you should put some "oomph" into it. That design would be easily replicated, so someone might think that YOU were the one doing the replicating. You know what I mean? Besides, I think something only slightly more complex would look a hundred times better on your skin.

Just my two cents.

Thanks

Thanks for the comments guys! Yah, I want to do some simple design within the body, representing either a BCC or BP pattern...still working on the outline first though.

And yeah, if and when I actually get up enough nerve to actually go INTO a tatt studio, I would hope I could find a good artist to work with me on a design, but I wanted to have something to show them...and I don't think it would be bad to something that I did (but I know I'm not the best freehand artist, hehe).

And YES, happy! I've looked a zillions of pictures of snakes and reptile and dragon tattoos and the majority are MEAN looking. I don't want a mean snake; I coo and baby talk to my snakes. They are sweeties. They aren't mean. And neither will my tatt be. =D
    0.1 ball python (Cleo), 0.1 surinam bcc (Carmen)
    1.0 sunglow motley corn (Jenson), 1.0 albino burmese (Lourdes)
    1.0 cat (Nicky), some mooses and ratters, 1.0 hubby (Rick)

Thanks

deff nice lookin =D

but yeah, you do totally need some personalishh creativeness.... ish.. i totally made words up but yeah, color or something, lol
    2.0 Ball Pythons
    0.1 Red Tail Boas
    1.4 Rabbits
    0.1 German Shepherd

Thanks

I agree that you should go to some shops in your area with a general idea. With something like this, depending on size and placement, the artist may want to draw it directly on the skin with marker first. By doing it that way, they can draw your tattoo design to flow with the natural curves of your body and it makes for a really nice looking finished product...

Thanks

It depends. For smaller tattoos, a simple design is often better than one with a lot of details that might get lost. I only speak from personal experience on this one; the mountain lion on my leg looked awesome on paper, but the facial features really don't stick out well, especially on my ankle bone such as they are.
    It sounds funny; but when you're sitting around at home, I would actually draw the design you want, on your body where you want it (or have someone help you if it's on your back, etc.) This has really convinced me against getting some designs that I've come up with; that did not go with the contour or shape of the body part I wanted them to go on I always used Sharpie markers, but they can be a bit tough to wash off, so I would not say to draw it on and then go to a party or something with a tanktop on and a half-scrubbed-off picture!
    My opinion? I like the shape that the snake's in; even the cute smile. I would not make it all black though; I would go with shading and scales... But. Scales on snake tattoos have to be done right to look good! Maybe find an artist who has already tattooed cool snakes on people and understands how to shade in scales? Of course that all could be avoided by going with just blackwork.
    -Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.

Do I get Paid for this??? LadyOhh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,115 Times in 1,073 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cassandra View Post
    Thanks for the comments guys! Yah, I want to do some simple design within the body, representing either a BCC or BP pattern...still working on the outline first though.

And yeah, if and when I actually get up enough nerve to actually go INTO a tatt studio, I would hope I could find a good artist to work with me on a design, but I wanted to have something to show them...and I don't think it would be bad to something that I did (but I know I'm not the best freehand artist, hehe).

And YES, happy! I've looked a zillions of pictures of snakes and reptile and dragon tattoos and the majority are MEAN looking. I don't want a mean snake; I coo and baby talk to my snakes. They are sweeties. They aren't mean. And neither will my tatt be. =D

CASS!!! Come up to visit and I will take you to my guy! I can be your moral support!!!
    Heather Wong
    I AM the Wonginator
    Heather's Herps Website
    READ MY BLOG!!!
    Balls for Life, Baby!!!