Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,371

2 members and 3,369 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Banner for my husband's site..

I made this using Paint (Photoshop is not installed yet.) I was surprised how well it turned out using such a simple program! Your thoughts??

-Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.

Thanks

Re: Banner for my husband's site..

Quote Originally Posted by Ginevive View Post
    I made this using Paint (Photoshop is not installed yet.) I was surprised how well it turned out using such a simple program! Your thoughts??

It looks good, but for a tattoo artist, you should be using a much cooler font.
    1.0.0 Normal BP: Vincent Vega

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Hi,

Good job - I want those butterfleyes to follow me around the room.

The font problem is a limitation of paint - it really can't do nicely rounded cute fonts.

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks

Disclaimer: The following post is intended only as constructive criticism

Looks nice but it's obvious that it was created with MSPaint and therefore looks outdated in itself. I'd be interested to see what you make once you get Photoshop up and running. Having the words "Tattoos By" and "Mark Sinsel." separated makes me pause unnaturally when reading it. Perhaps separating it a different way would help, for example the top line saying only "Tattoos" and the bottom line "by Mark Sinsel." Also, I'm not real sure about having the period at the end. I agree about the font as well... something as simple as making it bold could help a bit.
    -Diana

Support Captive Breeders
    http://www.lunarboids.com

Thanks

SOunds awesome. I am so mad and limited by not being able to use PShop. I have the disk but there's a certain way I need to install it and only my husband knows how.. crap! Thanks though. I am not using this banner; but I promise that you had all better watch out, because a better one is coming once I get PShop up!
    Ball pythons:

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

More food for thought...

I'm not sure I'd use the word "outdated". It doesn't look cutting edge, I'll agree with that. But some of the things that use flash and stuff like that get annoying. Then again, the idea of marketing isn't always for people to like the ads, just to remember them. So maybe annoying is good?

I'm not taking away from what Rapture said. I'm not familiar enough with this sort of stuff to say "it's obvious it was created in MSPaint", but I'm sure there are lots of people who are, and to them, the reaction may very well be "outdated" or "unprofessional" or something similar.

Personally I liked the very simple font. If the words get too eye-catching, it will take the attention away from the tattoos.

I agree that a more natural separation of words is "Tattoos" next line "by Mark Sinsel" and I don't think the period is necessary since it isn't a complete sentence. Of course, marketing doesn't have to follow grammar rules, so do what you want.
    Casey

Thanks

Just my opinion- A potential customer for your husband would be more concerned with his work than your work. His work is showcased well enough. I realize that you were asking for opinions on the banner though.
    Do not resuscitate

Thanks

Since this is a banner for his own site...why the need for all the tattoo pictures in the banner? Won't the entire site be about tattoos and his artwork? I am just saying maybe the banner should be structured more like a logo for the site/him/his artwork?

Not really a criticism just an observation about what you plan to do with it.
    Sean

Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,377 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lord jackel View Post
    Since this is a banner for his own site...why the need for all the tattoo pictures in the banner? Won't the entire site be about tattoos and his artwork? I am just saying maybe the banner should be structured more like a logo for the site/him/his artwork?

Not really a criticism just an observation about what you plan to do with it.
    That looks more like a banner you would have posted on other sites (banner trading?), other than your own. Kind of like a "this is who I am and this is what I can do" kind of thing. Kind of like the 8ball banner at the top of this page. Has the 8ball logo and scrolling pictures of different balls that he produces. Same idea as what Ginevive has done, without the fancy scrolling. The wording looks, well, not good, especially where it overlaps the butterfly pic. You need photoshop...
    Lucifer Sam, Siam cat...
    Always sitting by your side,
    Always by your side...
    That cat's something I can't explain...

Thanks

I guess that I was influenced by a few other artists' sites. Really though.. i think that something like this WOULD look better as more of a banner exchange thingie.
    Man do I crave Photoshop! Gotta dig up the disk here someplace..
    Ball pythons:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast