Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,161

1 members and 3,160 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Trip to the Zoo 2

I know that I've posted already in the General Herp section but these aren't reptiles or such. I just wanted to share my trip. What a beautiful day it was yesterday. Nice and warm, sunny and animals. You have to love that combination.

Check out how long those arms are! :eek:

Thanks

Re: Trip to the Zoo 2

Really good shots! Even with my "fancy schmancy" camera I don't usually get photos that turn out that good. Looks like it was a perfect day for the zoo.

Thanks

Those pictures are fabulous!

What kind of camera do you use?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mindibun View Post
    Really good shots! Even with my "fancy schmancy" camera I don't usually get photos that turn out that good. Looks like it was a perfect day for the zoo.
    It was a Great day. The ideal day for pictures. I don't really want to mention what setup I had just because, but I do have to mention it because of the question that was asked.

Practice man. I think that you have to learn your camera before anything. But...If it looks like crap, you can always try to fix it with Photoshop or such. I myself, took a load of pictures and these are the best ones from the crop. You have to expect that %70 or some will look like mince. But that's photography for you. But the great ones will be about the %20 if less.

Keep practicing and post everything you take. The more you get criticism on the more you'll learn. That's me. If you don't like it, tell me. Let me know what's wrong and I'll fix it. I don't care if it's...

"Man, your stuff sucks. Especially if it's overblown" or " it's totally over exposed" or "it's garbage... contrast is too much".

People, mean or not, will teach you. That's how you'll get better. If you want, we can share a tip or two. Just PM me. I'm learning myself and I like to see the other side that corrects me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch Art View Post
    Those pictures are fabulous!

What kind of camera do you use?
    Canon S5 IS. Most of it was done with the regular camera. I remember using a Tele Converter on pictures #1, #2 and #6. They were pretty far away.

The tele converter I use is the Sony VCL-DH1758. Since the S5 is a fixed lens camera, unlike the DSLR, I had to get a adapter to house the lens. Yes, it's a $300 something camera, but with the right and correct lighting as you can see, it can be a decent camera.

I'm saving for a Canon 40D and I'm sure, well...hopefully, I'll be able to take better pictures than these.

I'm just showing you what the S5 can do. Some others that I know have used it's abilities and have taken the S5 to the max. I credit them for my knowledge on this camera. If it wasn't for them, I wouldn't have taken photography seriously. I'm just starting. I bought the camera last year around November or so.
    Last edited by BP.net Staff; 03-17-2008 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Pruning for TOS compliance

Thanks

Awesome awesome pictures!!! Makes me wanna go and get a new camera!!

Thanks for sharing your pics!!
    ~*~*~* Pamela *~*~*~

See my dragons!!
    http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/36057

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deeplove View Post
    hopefully, I'll be able to take better pictures than these.
    Thank you for answering my question.

I couldn't even imagine better pictures than those

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch Art View Post
    Thank you for answering my question.

I couldn't even imagine better pictures than those
    A fixed lens camera is nothing compared to a SLR. I will say, that if you can completely master the Point n Shoot, then you're a beast. All you need is that SLR to blow peoples mind. But...

It's a point and shoot.

I've already spent enough my S5 for a DLSR with a decent all around lens. But why? I didn't know better and I was also learning Photography. Now I know better. I'm not spending much on this camera but I'm saving for the next. I would really like to know which cameras are the best as far as DSLR that's in the "LOWER" price range. I know that you can score an XTi with a nice lens for cheap, but I'm aiming for 12mp or more. The Canon S5 is 8mp. Yeah, 10mp on a DSLR is a load, but I'm going for more.

I'll post up more soon once I sort out some of these pictures.
    Last edited by BP.net Staff; 03-17-2008 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Pruning for TOS compliance