Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,063

2 members and 3,061 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

cold side after eating....

Dear All,
    I have my baby ball in one of Rich's cages with radiant heat panels, and he seems happy as can be. My only question is that he seems to go to his cold side after eating....I have read elsewhere on the forum that some balls just prefer there cold sides (mine is between 80-82) and some like it hot, so not to worry. I have also read, of course, that heat is an essential part of digestion, so it just seemed that if he was ever gong to favor his warm side (90-94) that it would be after a meal. Just wanted to check in with you experts and see if there is anything I should be worried about...I am good at worrying. He seems totally healthy and has been eating every week since I got him a few months ago. And his hides are identical on each side, with plenty of branch cover and everything for added security. My impulse is to trust that if I have set it up so that he has a comfortable choice of either temperature gradient, I should let his instincts do the rest.
    Thanks!
    Sam

Thanks

Re: cold side after eating....

If your hot side is 90-94 and your cold side is 80-82, then let the snake do the rest. As it gets older it will show a more consistant pattern. Half of my animals stay in the cold side rather than the warm side.