Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,144

1 members and 3,143 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42

Thread: Albino Spinner?

Thanks

Albino Spinner?

Anyone ever seen one of these? I can't find one or have ever heard of one.

Thanks

Re: Albino Spinner?

There are like 3 Albino Pins in the world. Albino Spiders are still pretty rare. I haven't seen any Albino Spinners, though. That would be sweet!
    Eric Wilson
    UltimateHerps
    www.ultimateherps.com

Thanks

Really, that's awesome. I guess I havn't really gone too far in the genetics yet but how is it so hard to produce something like the albino spider and albino pin? Like why can't you just breed a spider x albino and get at least one albino spider? and vice versa with the pin. Or breed 100% het spider or pin with an albino?

There's got to be a good logical reason. Anyone know, well I know there's probaby a lot of you who do know, but someone help me out here.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tmartin2347 View Post
    Really, that's awesome. I guess I havn't really gone too far in the genetics yet but how is it so hard to produce something like the albino spider and albino pin? Like why can't you just breed a spider x albino and get at least one albino spider? and vice versa with the pin. Or breed 100% het spider or pin with an albino?

There's got to be a good logical reason. Anyone know, well I know there's probaby a lot of you who do know, but someone help me out here.
    Actually breeding a Spider X Albino or a Pin X Albino, you would get either half Spiders or half Pins which are het for albino, then you would have to breed them together to have a shot.
    Custom reptile and amphibian enclosures! As well as other custom wood working.

Thanks

If you breed a Spider or a Pin to and Albino, you get:
    Spider x Albino = 1/2 Spider Het Albino and 1/2 Normal Het Albino
    Pin x Albino = 1/2 Pin Het Albino and 1/2 Normal Het Albino

then you have to raise up the baby Spider Het Albino or Pin Het Albinos until they are breedable (Males: 1-2 years or more, Females: 2-3 years or more). Then:

Spider Het Albino x Albino = 1/4 Albino Spider, 1/4 Albino, 1/4 Spider Het Albino, 1/4 Normal Het Albino
    Pin Het Albino x Albino = 1/4 Albino Pin, 1/4 Albino, 1/4 Pin Het Albino, 1/4 Normal Het Albino

Now imagine having to breed a Spinner (Spider Pin) to an Albino and having 1/4 chance of producing a Spinner Het Albino, and then raising it up for a couple years and breeding it to an Albino and having 1/8 chance of producing a Albino Spinner. Or you could breed a Pin Het Albino to a Spider Het Albino to save all that time, but have 1/16 of a chance of producing an Albino Spinner (plus all non-Albinos in the clutch are 66% Poss Het Albino instead of 100% Het Albino, like they are in the first cross...)
    Eric Wilson
    UltimateHerps
    www.ultimateherps.com

Thanks

Wow, that is intense. I guess I could have somewhat of a chance of producing one if I wanted to spend like tens of thousands of dollars today and then pray that I create one. And that would never happen lol.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tmartin2347 View Post
    Wow, that is intense. I guess I could have somewhat of a chance of producing one if I wanted to spend like tens of thousands of dollars today and then pray that I create one. And that would never happen lol.
    And that's exactly why there aren't a ton of them around. Even people who have the money to buy Pins Het Albino and/or Spiders Het Albino have to wait until they are old/large enough to breed and also have a breedable Albino of the opposite sex... Both Albino Pins and Albino Spiders are absolutely AWESOME, though!!!!!
    Eric Wilson
    UltimateHerps
    www.ultimateherps.com