Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,055

1 members and 3,054 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get This

Thanks

Get This

I was at a pet store today who had 2 tree boa's in a enclosure. They were terribly thin even for a tree boa's standard. Not much water for them and little humidity. Next to that there was a berm a retic and a ball all being stored in one enclosure I feel so bad for all of these snakes.

I am thinking about going and buying some of the snakes to ensure they live out life nicely. And not how they were being treated.

Thanks

Re: Get This

The sad truth is , if you buy it will encourage them to put even more in the same or worse conditions. If he makes money at it many more could suffer in the long run. I know it sounds heartless to leave them, but you should. There is nothing that says you can't report him for neglect though.

Thanks

i hate some pet stores!!!

Thanks

ive seen mice chewin on snakes at petco, awfully sad....

Thanks

It just makes me so mad. The snakes are gorgeous but in really bad shape.

Thanks

I am thinking I might get the Tree or the Retic i dunno yet. I anna help one of them.

Thanks

You can help all of them by reporting them and spreading the word to other people about the horrible conditions of the store. Stand outside the store with a sign or hand out information to people entering the store about the proper care of those reptiles in the store. Just don't give them money. If you buy one you'll only be giving them money to get two more to replace the one you just bought. And then you have two suffering animals in the place of the one you took home.

Trust me, my friend and I are going into this one petstore with cameras and pen and paper and writing down everything we find wrong and taking pictures as evidence, then we are going to report them. That is how you handle a cruel petstore, not give them money.
    Under Construction.....

Thanks

Agreed, better to get the authorities involved. Although you already bought it, it's good info for the future. All animals, including reptiles, deserve to be treated humanly.

Thanks

you should buy it and than report them , the sad part is that a lot of small pet stores are being driven out of business because of chains like Petco and their somewhat lower prices. But you can usually tell if someone's animals are neglected as opposed to not having fancy and separate enclosures for them. The fact is that most pet stores can not afford the room and separate enclosures and again the animals are just temporarily kept. That doesn't mean that they should not provide propers husbantry such as correct temperatures and humidity and mite free enclosures. I do not want to deffend every pet store, but we shouldn't rush to conclusions and later complain that there are no other pet stores left other than Petsmart and Petrco

Thanks

I went into a small petstore that I thought only sold feed and birds, but sitting in the back was one lonely tank with a UTH slapped on it (of course with no control) no lamp or any other heat source, crickets EVERYWHERE, and a little lizard. I don't know what breed he was, there was no price tag or name so he may have been a 'store pet' but it made me sick.

I originally had ordered my BP from a local reptile store but after waiting 6 weeks past the date he was suppose to arrive I bought from a breeder. Anyway after checking that reptile store 1 month later (they never notified me of the arrival of any BP's) I saw a single sickly looking little boy. They told me the snake was reserved for me and that the other 4 ordered with him died on the trip over. I am glad I didnt buy him ($199!) but I felt so bad. He had shed stuck all over him, he was very triangular and gapped his mouth several times. There are so many pet stores around here like that, but only so many of them can actually be stopped
    1.0 Normal Ball Python- Little Dude
    0.0.1 Albino Kingsnake - Weiner
    Missi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast