Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,271

1 members and 3,270 guests
AR29,
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Banned
    Thanks

east bay vivarium

Today I am going to take an hour drive to berkeley so I can check out east bay vivarium. If anyone has been there I would appreciate you letting me know how it is and how their selection of snakes is thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 3,727 Times in 1,257 Posts

Re: east bay vivarium

Quote Originally Posted by 420 boa View Post
    Today I am going to take an hour drive to berkeley so I can check out east bay vivarium. If anyone has been there I would appreciate you letting me know how it is and how their selection of snakes is thanks
    I used to be a big fan, but over the last year, I have been noticing more and more issues.

It's still worth a trip to see what they have on display and to take in the sites and sounds, but the advice, attitude and knowledge of some of the staff is disconcerting.

I think a member of this site also bought a blood python from there which died soon after being brought home. Given some of the husbandry issues I've seen there recently, I would be very careful of what you purchase there.

A few weeks ago, I watched a customer not only treated in a discourteous manner, but given absolutely incorrect advice regarding the husbandry of an snake.

He had simply asked who produced the animal. I have seen this person at the shop a few times and have talked to him at length. He has bought several animals and cages there - a lot of the staff apparently knows him.

The response from the manager on duty was - "None of your business". The manager also gave him potentially lethal husbandry advice on the snake.

I have been going to the Vivarium for years and have bought several animals from them. They have never hesitated to let me know who produced and animal. When you are spending $1,200 on an reptile, it's not a bad thing to know which lines they came from.

As far as selection - it's amazing. You will see some reptiles there where you won't see anywhere else. It's always worth the trip. However, I would be very hesitant to buy livestock from them.

Thanks

I used to go there alot when I kept reptiles and lived in Berkeley. That was a long time ago, and now I live far away.
    I did go back there last year and bought a tarantula and a young rat snake.
    The prices were good, and I was treated very well.
    I suppose it depends on when you go, and who is working that day.
    Be patient, and look around first then ask for help if you are interested in what they have.

Carol

Thanks

be sure to post pics
    I USED TO EAT ALOT OF NATURAL FOODS UNTIL I LEARNED THAT MOST PEOPLE DIE OF NATURAL CAUSES.