Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 488

0 members and 488 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus

Thread: In From PIJAC

Thanks

In From PIJAC

I just recevied this from PIJAC, I will post further updates as I receive them. I've held off on posting info as I've continued to do a ton of research on the issue.

Recommended Action.
    We ask that you withhold submitting your comments until close to the April 30 deadline in order to allow PIJAC time to provide you with guidance and information that will help you prepare effective comments. PIJAC is currently engaging in meetings with the FWS and gathering information to assist you on this issue. Again, please note, that this is not a proposed rulemaking notice – it is only a notice to gather information, especially biological, on these particular snakes.

PIJAC is also undertaking an extensive literature search of peer-reviewed articles, lay magazines, and books to gather relevant information to respond to the questions raised by the FWS. Anyone who has copies of articles or other pertinent information on the biology of any of the species should send them to PIJAC at info@pijac.org AND to PIJAC’s Senior Science and Policy Advisor, Dr. Jamie K. Reaser pijacscience@nelsoncable.com. Dr. Reaser is compiling a database which PIJAC will use to develop a formal science-based response on behalf of the industry and hobbyists, as well as to provide guidance for people to use in crafting their comments.

Thirdly, PIJAC is conducting a survey of concerned members of the herpetoculture community and the industry to collect data to answer the questions posed by the FWS regarding numbers of breeders, animals sold, economic questions, etc. This information will be consolidated and presented as data summaries without identifying individuals supplying the information. The FWS is very aware of the concerns of many people about revealing their identity. If you are interested in providing herpetoculture data to PIJAC, please contact PIJAC at info@pijac.org.

All proprietary data (i.e. contributors’ identity, numbers of animals, financial data) will be treated as confidential information and will only be seen by PIJAC staff.
    We urge you to review this notice carefully and consider the implications that could come as a result of listing any of these snakes as injurious wildlife. If you have further questions concerning this matter, please contact PIJAC’s Marshall Meyers by phone at 202-452-1525 or by email at mmeyers@pijac.org. Those who are not members of PIJAC and desire further information about membership may phone Nancy Knutson at 1-800-553-PETS (7387) or visit the PIJAC website at www.pijac.org.

Where to send your comments:
    FWS will be receiving comments and other information on this issue until April 30, 2008. You may submit comments by one of the following methods:
    • U.S. mail or hand-delivery: Public Comments Processing, Attn: RIN 1018-AV68,
    Division of Policy and Directives Management, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, 4401 North Fairfax Drive, Suite 222, Arlington, VA 22203; or • Website: www.regulations.gov (Follow instructions for submitting comments. In the “comments or submissions” box type in keyword: “injurious wildlife”. This should take you to the comment page.). FWS will not accept e-mail or faxes, and will post all comments on http://www.regulations.gov.
    This generally means that FWS will post any personal information you provide. For further information contact Erin Williams, Branch of Invasive Species at (703) 358-2034 or erin_williams@fws.gov.

Interview with PIJAC and fish and wildlife....

http://www.reptilechannel.com/reptil...gulations.aspx
    Support my efforts to raise awareness and donations to the Alzheimer's Association in honor of my Grandfather Eugene......
    www.awalktoendalzheimers.com

"No man's life, liberty or fortune is safe while our legislature is in session." - Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Thanked 1,370 Times in 943 Posts

Re: In From PIJAC

Great Info Neil.

Thanks

Wanted to bump this, thought it was important for all to read.
    Support my efforts to raise awareness and donations to the Alzheimer's Association in honor of my Grandfather Eugene......
    www.awalktoendalzheimers.com

"No man's life, liberty or fortune is safe while our legislature is in session." - Benjamin Franklin

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Can we maybe get this pinned?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingLink View Post
    Can we maybe get this pinned?
    Good idea. It's now stuck to the top of the forum and will remain so for as long as this is relevant. But even with being stuck, the occasional comment will still bump it back to the top of the "active threads" list and that will continue to draw new attention to it, as well.
    -- Judy

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by neilgolli View Post
    I just recevied this from PIJAC, I will post further updates as I receive them. I've held off on posting info as I've continued to do a ton of research on the issue.
    Dang Bro. You beat me to it. I was just coming on to post about this. I think this may be one of the best pieces of information to come out of this debacle so far. Definitely a must read.

This goes to show the support that PIJAC is giving us. Please remember to support PIJAC as much as they have supported us.
    Tim Bailey
    (A.K.A. MBM or Art Pimp)
    www.baileyreptiles.com
    The Blog