Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,101

1 members and 3,100 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Failed Attempt One

Well I tried feeding little Furio today and he seemed interested for a little bit and then wanted nothing to do with his little fuzzy. Hopefully next Thursday he will want to eat. He's still a pretty nervous little guy and he's moved three times in the last week so I hope that's why he refused today. I know they're picky and in the beginning can be fussy about eating but I'm hoping this doesn't go on forever. Everything is perfect in his tank finally but I feel like he needs another week or so to adjust to his new habitat. Sorry for rambling on.

Facebook.com/ToValhallaReptiles
    Instagram.com/ToValhallaReptiles

Thanks

Re: Failed Attempt One

Fuzzy rat or fuzzy mouse? If it's a fuzzy mouse, then that's definitely too small unless the snake weighs under 50grams, and even then, it's pushing it.

Try a live hopper or small adult mouse after you've left him alone for a week. Just keep the mouse in a cage next to the enclosure for 15-20 minutes so the snake knows what's going to happen, then drop the mouse in the snake's enclosure on the opposite end and back away. Make sure the room lights are off too, so he feels more secure. You can use a low wattage flashlight to watch if you'd like.
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Thanks

Well I'm assuming his age is around JUST 3 months he's pretty little yet and doesn't have a whole lot of body girth. It was a fuzzy mouse which is what he had been eating before. I dunno. Sucks but I guess next week we'll see what happens...

Thanks

didnt you just get this snake? you said he has moved 3 times in the past week. let the little bugger calm down!

Thanks

So should I try again next week or what? It sucks not being able to handle him as me and my girlfriend are both excited for the day when we can walk around the house with him on our arm.

Thanks

I got my little BP about 2 days ago, was having a lot of issues with temp but finally got it worked out. I have held mine 5 times already and it seems like he loves it. Also he is very active and I caught him drinking some water last night

heres a video of him, note the cage is a little bit diffrent now so dont flame me

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pFl-PAWZHLY

I haven't tried feeding yet but I'm not too worried about it, you shouldn't be either

hey lemme see some pics of your bp

Thanks

A fuzzy mouse is TINY! I have never fed anything smaller than a rat pup or mouse. I think you should let that snake settle in some! You have another 20yrs ahead of you with proper care, a week wont kill ya even though it seems like it will.

Thanks

yep, fuzzies are too small. I learned the hard way, too! I increased our pray to small adult mice and while they looked huge, Foster handled it with no problem. Of course it took her a little longer to get it down than the fuzzie but that was to be expected. She was fat and happy afterwards!

Mtxsub7, can I ask how much your bp weights and how old it is? My bp looks to be about the same length and girth and I was told she is probably underweight. The poor thing was only getting pinkies, once every two weeks, before I got her. Maybe she is not as bad off as I thought, or maybe she is not as old as they thought she was. I'll know for sure next week when I take her in to be checked out.
    ~ Tanya
    0.1 Normal

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TanyaL View Post
    yep, fuzzies are too small. I learned the hard way, too! I increased our pray to small adult mice and while they looked huge, Foster handled it with no problem. Of course it took her a little longer to get it down than the fuzzie but that was to be expected. She was fat and happy afterwards!

Mtxsub7, can I ask how much your bp weights and how old it is? My bp looks to be about the same length and girth and I was told she is probably underweight. The poor thing was only getting pinkies, once every two weeks, before I got her. Maybe she is not as bad off as I thought, or maybe she is not as old as they thought she was. I'll know for sure next week when I take her in to be checked out.

I actually don't know how much it weights, How can I found out?

Thanks

get a digital food scale and weigh her/him. they sell them at walmart or target pretty cheap