Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,221

2 members and 3,219 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42

Thread: RTB Cage Ideas

Thanks

RTB Cage Ideas

I'm seriously considering (read: will get) a RTB. I'm wondering what type of caging people use. I thought I could start him/her in one of my cages I have from RBI measuring 3x2x1 (feet). I've been told that this would do for the first year. After that, we'd either build one or buy one. I was looking at the Boaphile 6x2x1.5 (feet) cages that come in two parts, allowing me to use half of it for the first year and then put the other half on and voila! instant home for life. Does anyone know about these cages or have other ideas? Thanks a million!

~~McKinsey~~
    "Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
    ~The Little Prince; Antoine de Saint Exupery

Thanks

Re: RTB Cage Ideas

Except for the bigger girls (which I won't have for a couple years) I still keep all my boas in tubs. Males can usually live out their lives in the longest under-bed storage tubs. I have an adult female at six feet that lives in one at the moment, and she does just perfect.

It's and idea, tried and true.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ladywhipple02 View Post
    Except for the bigger girls (which I won't have for a couple years) I still keep all my boas in tubs. Males can usually live out their lives in the longest under-bed storage tubs. I have an adult female at six feet that lives in one at the moment, and she does just perfect.

It's and idea, tried and true.
    Indeed, tubs; I have a lot of them for my balls and a few special balls in RBI cages. I'm getting this red tail as a friend (crazy- I'm familiar with reptile brain structure) but, however, I will believe it to be my friend!! For this reason, I really want to go with a cage. Rich's cages are really easy to keep temps and humidity very stable, but he doesn't make one 6 feet long! Darn!! That's why I was wondering what others used.....

~~McKinsey~~
    "Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."

BPnet Veteran Pork Chops N' Corn Bread's Avatar
    Thanks

a 4' by 2' is all a rtb needs but going above and beyond won't hurt either. I have boas 2-4 years old that are still in tubs and have plenty of room. I use my cb-70 rack for boas until they get too big then they go in 4x2' boaphiles. I plan to eventually have 6' by 3' cages for bigger females but thats the biggest I will ever go in the forseeable future except for my first and favorite PET boa.
    ~Jake~
    Too many boas to list and a few balls as well

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chops N' Corn Bread View Post
    a 4' by 2' is all a rtb needs but going above and beyond won't hurt either. I have boas 2-4 years old that are still in tubs and have plenty of room. I use my cb-70 rack for boas until they get too big then they go in 4x2' boaphiles. I plan to eventually have 6' by 3' cages for bigger females but thats the biggest I will ever go in the forseeable future except for my first and favorite PET boa.
    So, what do you think about the boaphile cages? I have some of Rich's cages (RBI) and they are really stable environments for the balls. Would you care to offer pro's and con's?

~~McKinsey~~