Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,124

2 members and 2,122 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
    Thanks

Why won't it work?

I've seen the popping videos the breeders have been putting up and try as I might, I can't seem to get it right. I tried popping my male het pied and nothing happened. He just kept getting angry at me. There is a scale that kinda covers the vent and I put my thumb on that, exposed the vent a little and then rolled up like the videos show and nothing happened.
    Under Construction.....

Thanks

Re: Why won't it work?

Either your not doing it right or he is a she. Its hard to learn how to do it by just watching a video. Not every video you see will be the same. Not every person does it the same. I even bought a video all about sexing snakes. It showed both how to probe and pop. The probing was easy for me to pick up, but I had to have some one show me how to pop. If you can have someone show you and ask them how to and all that. I was afraid that I would hurt the snake so. For me it was better to learn from someone showing me how to do it not a video. If you have that option I would just do that. If you can get to a reptile show, it shouldn't be to hard to get someone there to show you.

Thanks

Re: Why won't it work?

I have to pick up feeders today from an all reptile pet store. I'll ask someone there to show me how, and I'll take Xefaud with me. I purchased Xefaud as a 100% Het Pied male. It would be interesting to find out he is a she.
    Under Construction.....