Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,774

15 members and 1,759 guests
Most users ever online was 5,577, 11-08-2019 at 08:53 AM.


» Today's Birthdays

Kozakll (29)

» Stats

Members: 66,168
Threads: 240,965
Posts: 2,502,902
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, chelytoad
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 123
  1. #61
    Steel Magnolia rabernet's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-12-2005
    Location
    In the Nest
    Posts
    29,199
    Thanks
    2,845
    Thanked 5,581 Times in 3,091 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Images: 46

    Re: Introducing a New Method for Enforcing TOS/Site Rules

    I think what John is asking, when he got the infraction today, he'd like for people to see what the infraction is for. If people see the post that you were infracted FOR, there should be an icon next to the mult-quote button that they can click to see the reason you were infracted for that particular post.

    In order to be able to click infractions to see all your infractions from any post would be a hack that we have not done yet.

    Is that what you meant, John?

  2. #62
    Banned JASBALLS's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-08-2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,400
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Images: 4

    Re: Introducing a New Method for Enforcing TOS/Site Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by rabernet View Post
    I think what John is asking, when he got the infraction today, he'd like for people to see what the infraction is for. If people see the post that you were infracted FOR, there should be an icon next to the mult-quote button that they can click to see the reason you were infracted for that particular post.

    In order to be able to click infractions to see all your infractions from any post would be a hack that we have not done yet.

    Is that what you meant, John?

    Yep, Thats it Robin.. And Thanks for posting that Judy!

  3. #63
    Banned JASBALLS's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-08-2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,400
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Images: 4

    Re: Introducing a New Method for Enforcing TOS/Site Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by JASBALLS View Post
    Yep, Thats it Robin.. And Thanks for posting that Judy!
    See I'm still trying to help! When I do get banned. I want to be banned and still liked by the mods and most members here!! I like this place Kinda.. LOL!

  4. #64
    BPnet Veteran nixer's Avatar
    Join Date
    03-28-2007
    Location
    indiana
    Posts
    2,827
    Thanks
    339
    Thanked 328 Times in 294 Posts
    Images: 3

    Re: Introducing a New Method for Enforcing TOS/Site Rules

    it might be easier to just have it show which rule(s) were broken

  5. #65
    BPnet Veteran Bruce Whitehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-28-2007
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec
    Posts
    4,345
    Thanks
    1,002
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 629 Posts
    Images: 23

    Re: Introducing a New Method for Enforcing TOS/Site Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by nixer View Post
    it might be easier to just have it show which rule(s) were broken
    It will tell you if you are viewing the post in which the infraction occurred...

    Exhibit A
    http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/s...t=58859&page=2

    My post is on that page somewhere with the infraction listed below it.

    Bruce
    Praying for Stinger Bees

  6. #66
    BPnet Veteran Bruce Whitehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-28-2007
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec
    Posts
    4,345
    Thanks
    1,002
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 629 Posts
    Images: 23

    Re: Introducing a New Method for Enforcing TOS/Site Rules

    I may have lied. I think it only shows because it was edited?

    Bruce
    Praying for Stinger Bees

  7. #67
    Registered User bcampos's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-16-2007
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    147
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Images: 4

    Re: Introducing a New Method for Enforcing TOS/Site Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by McAdry View Post
    It's sad to see that the mod's and admin's have been forced to reagulate the behavior of adults on this site,...
    It's sad to see that you can't speak even remotely free without having admins and mods "regulate" our behavior.

    Freedom of speech anyone? I know there are some things not appropriate for a family site, but this is going comunist real fast.
    -Camp

    0.0.1 Normal
    0.1 Spider

    "...and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."

    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin


  8. #68
    Registered User bcampos's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-16-2007
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    147
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Images: 4

    Re: Introducing a New Method for Enforcing TOS/Site Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by McAdry View Post
    ahh yes it might be a bit hard to enforce but in the end, most of the time with a little time and effort one can tell the general age of the poster through how they post and or type not always,but most to the time. Oh and well it's really simple to enforce violation is simply a ban from the site.This is just my opinion I'm shure those that run the techincal part's of this forum could come up with some way to do it. Again bascily it comes back to self discipline and self requlation,and a personal sense of responsiblity.

    I've seen 8 year olds that act like adults, and 30 year olds that act like children. If you have some super power about guessing ages you should try out for a profiling job with the feds....

    You already stated that its the admins and mods that are "forced" to regulate us. Now yous ay its self regulation.

    Pick one, you are on both sides of the fence.
    -Camp

    0.0.1 Normal
    0.1 Spider

    "...and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."

    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin


  9. #69
    No One of Consequence wilomn's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-18-2007
    Posts
    5,063
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts
    Images: 109

    Re: Introducing a New Method for Enforcing TOS/Site Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by bcampos View Post
    It's sad to see that you can't speak even remotely free without having admins and mods "regulate" our behavior.

    Freedom of speech anyone? I know there are some things not appropriate for a family site, but this is going comunist real fast.
    You seem to have confused this site, of which memebership to is a privilidge NOT a right, with your right to speak your mind in public.

    While this IS the internet and a site publicly available, it is NOT one where you can post without being a member.

    IF you don't like the rules, or the communistic slant you seem to see, hit the road.

    It's as simple as that.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

  10. #70
    Registered User bcampos's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-16-2007
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    147
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Images: 4

    Re: Introducing a New Method for Enforcing TOS/Site Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by wilomn View Post
    You seem to have confused this site, of which memebership to is a privilidge NOT a right, with your right to speak your mind in public.

    While this IS the internet and a site publicly available, it is NOT one where you can post without being a member.

    IF you don't like the rules, or the communistic slant you seem to see, hit the road.

    It's as simple as that.
    I was not demanding the right of free speech.. just bringing up its ideals as part of our society. I understand, of course, that this is a privately maintained site. It's the theory behind the words that we as humans should want to come out.

    If you have trouble seeing the comunistic approach here, or agree that it is correct to censor everything, then you should perhaps think a bit more about it.
    Last edited by bcampos; 01-14-2008 at 09:49 PM.
    -Camp

    0.0.1 Normal
    0.1 Spider

    "...and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."

    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin


Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1