Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,861

0 members and 2,861 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts

Re: Introducing a New Method for Enforcing TOS/Site Rules

Quote Originally Posted by bcampos View Post
    When do we move to corporal punishment?
    Now wait a second there ... you might be on to something ... spankings? ... as long as we can keep Evan, Derek, Raj, Ed, Nate, and Lawrence on the bench, I'd sign up for that!!

-adam
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty

Thanks

I read the infraction list with corresponding points. To be honest, I was a little nervous, asking myself if I would have gotten any points yet. Not that I am particularly confrontational, but I think I may have had my share of inappropriate jokes and one or two attempts at putting "rowdy" (careful not to name call here ) people in their place - though somewhat humanely, it may have been considered engaging in confrontation.

I guess I am just wondering how strictly and evenly (applied to all members) the infraction system will work. For example, are the following posts in this thread OK, or are they bordering on "name calling"? Is "name calling" only name calling when directed at a particular individual? Not to get crazy anal (name calling myself here) on everyone, but what about insinuation or well-crafted loop-hole "name calling" or other type of infractions?

Anyway, on to the examples:

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy-hound View Post
    In reality, there's always some people who want to act like butts, want to skirt the rules, or try to get away with whatever bad behavior they can.
    Quote Originally Posted by PythonWallace View Post
    If you look at the 3 or 4 major things that make other sites suck and make rules against being one of those asshat posters, this site will be able to grow while maintaining the integrity it has always had.... With a ton of users comes a bunch of trolls and idiots.... and I'd hate to see this site turn into another constant royal rumble of retarded slap boxers, trolls and Star Wars forum battles.
    And is this "sexual innuendo"? No offense to Adam, who we all love...
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Wysocki View Post
    Now wait a second there ... you might be on to something ... spankings? ... as long as we can keep Evan, Derek, Raj, Ed, Nate, and Lawrence on the bench, I'd sign up for that!!
    One more thing...
    Quote Originally Posted by frankykeno View Post
    Think for a moment what it takes to manage the needs of 2,000 individuals with 2,000 different opinions, 2,000 different levels of experience, 2,000 different personalities......
    Some of us members have more than one personality. So these stats will never be perfect.

Don't be a playa hata, y'all (did I just name call?). Ya knows I luv ya!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaFlipski View Post
    And is this "sexual innuendo"? No offense to Adam, who we all love...
    LOL ... none taken ... wasn't intended as "sexual innuendo", but I can see how it could be taken that way because of all of the "guys" being excluded from giving out the spankings ... truth is, I'm fragile and afraid of getting my corporal punishment from big burly "man hands" ... yeah, that's the ticket! ... well hello!

-adam

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."

Thanks

LOL ... none taken ... wasn't intended as "sexual innuendo", but I can see how it could be taken that way because of all of the "guys" being excluded from giving out the spankings ... truth is, I'm fragile and afraid of getting my corporal punishment from big burly "man hands" ... yeah, that's the ticket! ... well hello!

-adam
    Funny thing is, between being SO anal (few are as bad as me), having a tendency toward paranoia, and enjoying a proclivity to analyze things to DEATH, I almost asked if when I said, "We all love Adam," I was also guilty of sexual innuendo.

P.S. Glad there are no infraction points for derailing a thread! Wouldn't that be a killer?

Thanks

I almost asked if when I said, "We all love Adam," I was also guilty of sexual innuendo.
    well hello!

P.S. Glad there are no infraction points for derailing a thread! Wouldn't that be a killer?
    I'd be COOKED!!!!

-adam

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

People who complain seem to forget something, all of us are GUEST here and if it wasn’t for the work of the admins and mods this place might not be there and/or might not be running the way it is.

I see rules has a way to ensure the good functioning of this growing forum not a way to run people o,f and for those who have issue with rules or the way this forum is run they need to look at other forums and realize how good with have it here and how fortunate we are to have BP.net

Now wait a second there ... you might be on to something ... spankings? ... as long as we can keep Evan, Derek, Raj, Ed, Nate, and Lawrence on the bench, I'd sign up for that!! -adam
    I'll be there in june delivering the spanking in person
    Deborah Stewart

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GA_Ball_Pythons View Post
    well hello hello!

-adam

Thanks

People who complain seem to forget something, all of us are GUEST here and if it wasn’t for the work of the admins and mods this place might not be there and/or might not be running the way it is.
    Does complaining count as "disrespecting the site"? 50 points. Ouch.

well hello hello!
    Now, y'all! Keep it clean.

Edit: I hope sarcasm isn't added to the infraction list (when not bad advice, that is).
    Last edited by MelissaFlipski; 01-12-2008 at 03:17 PM. Reason: see above

Thanks

It's sad to see that the mod's and admin's have been forced to reagulate the behavior of adults on this site,though on the other hand if those people would just regulate and monderate themselves then this might not have happned. All in all first and foremost this is a family orinitated site for the education and enjoyment of caring for herps. As the site grows there is bound to be more and more conflict with differning opinions thats all fine and good but kindly think before you post a few seconds pause before typing or rereading your post before submiting it is all it really takes.Shoot I'm likely to be in trouble for being blunt here but as an adult knowing that a growing number of children are using the sight for educational purposes I would be less then responiable if I posted somthing that casued there parents who were walking by the computer to decide this isn't a very good place for their child to learn about herps. Many many people have put a great amout of time and effort in turning this forum into a great place to learn and share information. It would be sad that a few could damage that for the rest of the sight. So only one suggestion that might help maybe make the quarintine room 18+ or set up a place that is age limted nothing aghist our younger members but there is nothing wrong with being young that a few years wont change and sometimes adults just need to be allowed to speak freely. Let's all make this a really easy adjustment and just regulate ourselves and we won't have much to worry about really. Perosnal responisblity is the hardest thing to learn and except but It's what makes you and adult.
    Michael
    1.0 Het Albino BP ~ 1.0 Het Axanthic BP ~ 1.0 Het Pied BP
    1.0 Yellowbelly BP ~ 1.0 Cinnamon Pastel
    0.1 Pastel BP ~ 0.18 Normal BP's
    0.1 Albino Nelson's Milksnake ~ 1.2 BCI
    2008 BP Hatchlings - 3.4 Yellowbelly, 1.3 Normal

"Your enemy is never a villian in his own eyes.Keep this in mind;it may offer a way to make him your friend." "Little girls like butterflies need no excuses."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by McAdry View Post
    So only one suggestion that might help maybe make the quarintine room 18+ or set up a place that is age limted
    Great idea. I am all for that.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast